June Chat

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
Don't want to forget this one this month :)

orjvzriorukp.jpg

Replies

• Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy - seems to sum up my feelings exactly!! Haha!!

Happy 1st day of June everybody!! I'm planning on making this a great month!!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Don't we wish!
    We've decided to sell the Washington State house. Daughter is having a heck of a time culling.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    I like the new way mfp" is noting on the little bell reminder when we mention someone with @ and their user ID.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    For example, hi @akgramma
  • retirehappy
    Options
    @sharondtd, good luck with the upcoming medical procedure.
    Also best of luck selling the house, the realty market is blistering hot in our area. I'd love to sell our place but DH doesn't want to leave his garden and all those extra rooms behind right now. So I am stuck in a 4 bedroom house with large yard, garage, and basement for a while longer. I dream of a 2 master bedroom condo.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    @retirehappy making the decision is hard, and the culling is harder. DH decided not to send my father's cameras to the yard sale. Go figure! We still have too much, even after letting go of several Asmat carvings, and other really good art and, and, and. .....
  • Akgramma
    Options
    @retire_happy & @sharondtd - I hear what you are saying! I'm not sure why it is so hard to let go of "stuff". The memories will always remain - but I will begin cleaning out rooms, drawers, spaces and find things that have not even been touched for years. I just can't seem to part with some of them! I still have my old Barbie dolls from 1960's!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Sharon, your father's cameras may be work a lot of money? Art and pictures are mostly what I want to keep :). I have gotten rid of a lot of clothing and still have boxes to go through for donating or trashing. Oh there is the high boy that full of tech stuff that for some reason neither of us can let go of, it is all trailing tech stuff, but yet it still sits there taking up a full high boy LOL.

I am just happy we can finally walk around in the basement again, it had gotten to the point where I wouldn't go down there, too hard to locate pathways. UGH, but he has got that problem fixed finally. Still have file cabinets and stacked up boxes to go through. Slowly we are working through the kitchen stuff (foodie and gadget lover here). Oddly I thought I would hang on to too much of that stuff but he has some things he just doesn't want us to part with, so it is slow going. Christmas/holiday decor are the next items of must go stuff.
  • Akgramma
    Options
    I had a junk room that I cleaned out a few months ago. Felt so good to actually have a spare bedroom! Much easier to keep clean too! :)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Found more photos from Japan and old family photos by accident late last night. Phew, a relief! took them out of albums so they'd take up less space.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Clearing out is a challenge, indeed. It's hard to let go of sentimental items but, I have been taking digital pictures of items I want to remember, then putting the pictures in a folder on the computer. So I can reminisce without hanging on to the stuff. This is especially crucial when you are a teacher! I have piano EVERYTHING, gifts from students over the years... So I have the pictures and they are labeled with the name of the giver, then out they go, guilt-free. ~ Kathy
  • Akgramma
    Options
    @mxchana - what a great idea!!
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on this forum in ages but reading your different comments today about purging and downsizing sure hit home. That's exacty where I am too......once we truly make the decision which house to sell, we can move forward. Mucho problem with that aspect. Super good idea though on taking pics of "stuff" and then tossing. I fill up my car and then pull up to Goodwill - their guy unloads it all for you! Perfect! Goodwill and Goodbye!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    @mangotango - waving hello, glad to see you posting, Marie! ~ Kathy
  • sharondtd
    Options
    About seven days to drive off. We'll take a uhaul as, well.... too complicated to arrange mover with my throat and DH having trouble understanding phone calls.
    Found a couple of things that were important, and didn't find where daughter put the paintings I collected all over the world. But we have the family photos back to way back. So it's a definite positive.!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I posted this on my newsfeed but wanted to post here as only my pals can see my newsfeed. Expect some downtime on 6/21. They never get the downtime right so expect more like 2 hrs. and maybe some glitches afterwards for the next day or so. Tech can't live with it, can't live without it.

Hi folks,

Starting at 10AM Pacific Time on June 21st, Vanilla's hosting environment will be in a maintenance window and there will be some downtime, which will impact this forum. The expected actual downtime will likely last for approximately an hour or less.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good Evening great friends, I had a great day, swimming, pulling weeds, taking a nap, fussing with my flowers and Fairy Garden. I will have to post a couple of pictures for you all. I'm such a kid at heart, now I just need grandchildren !!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Hey all! We now can open both sides of the garage and have the car inside!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Hey all! We now can open both sides of the garage and have the car inside!

Yea for progress. It is a big job, prepping a house for a sale and moving your things. You have your work cut out for you.