Egg Fast Anyone? Need to get back into ketosis.

Options
koochhill
koochhill Posts: 9 Member
Anyone want to join me in a 3-5 day egg fast? I have been out of ketosis for about 3 weeks and want to get back in to relieve the cravings. Here is a link for what to eat http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do. I just have to get to the store tomorrow and get some more eggs and stuff to make BPC. I need a kickstart. When are you going to start?
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'd love to but we are moving house this weekend and are kinda eating out the fridge and freezer before we do. I am going to do it after we're settled though, in a couple of weeks.
  • koochhill
    Options
    I am hitting store today too so starting tomorrow morning (8th). Also I need to prep for work lunch and snacks. If u want to friend request me, I will accept.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of this...since I didn't lose any weight this past week. I have questions:

Do we think I could substitute butter for the mayo? I don't mind the mayo in the egg salad, since it's covered up. But a tablespoon of mayo for the sake of eating it with a pancake? Yikes!

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady The fat source does not need to be mayo.

The ratio is A TBSP of Fat (butter, ghee, mayo) to an egg and up to 1oz of cheese per egg.
  • koochhill
    Options
    While u will loose weight due to water, the point of the egg fast is to get into ketosis and back on track. I am out of ketosis thanks to back to back family celebrations. The carb cravings have returned and my sensible, healthy, low carb/high fat way of eating is gone. Along with my energy.

Thanks Samantha for clarifying...yes inorder to help with cravings u should b eating 1 TBSP fat to 1 egg. I have trouble with too much butter so I use MCT oil or EVOO too.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @samanthaluan thanks!
  • carom
    Options
    @koochhill - Hi! I wont be able to start this week, I like the idea but the thought of all those eggs is making me feel sick :) Good luck to you and I will keep doing what im doing just lchf
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Got off track today and been feeling icky. I'm probably just going to have fried and scrambled eggs for the duration though. Trying to make it simple and get back in the routine! :) Good luck everyone!
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well, today did not go as planned. At all. I binged on sugar free candy, thank you TOM. Good news, there is not more candy. Bad news, I ate it alllll. It's only been a bad 2 days so tomorrow I'm getting back on track. Ugh. Stressful few days.
  • koochhill
    Options
    After 1.5 days I am back in light ketosis. Feeling better and appetite better. Going to do tomorrow with eggs and then back to the normal lchf plan. Surprised how quickly I got back in.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this before, looked up the link you gave @koochhill, looks interesting. I have to use up the other food I already have but I think when I'm done with that I will definitely try it, thanks for sharing.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    koochhill wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me in a 3-5 day egg fast? I have been out of ketosis for about 3 weeks and want to get back in to relieve the cravings. Here is a link for what to eat http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

@BBC1986 bumped so you could see the link.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks RowdysLady!
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oh, I definitely want to try this when I get back from vacation in july. Look forward to reading everyone's update on their results.
  • carom
    Options
    @koochhill - how are you doing?
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i am going to start tomorrow...hope I can last!! :p
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I started today also. Three scrambled with butter for breakfast. I had my BPC sans the HWC. I liked it!

I'd love input into thoughts from the link: why warm water? I drink tons of it but always ice cold. And does it matter about timing? I usually don't even fix dinner till 9 pm because Rowdy is still working on the ranch as long as there it's light out. The site suggests eating first before 10 a.m. and not after 7 p.m.

Thanks!!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If you're asking why not to drink ice cold water - I just recently learned that if you have thyroid or adrenal issues, it can spike cortisol and throw everything off to drink cold water... I'd had no idea, either.