Sleeve Revision

Options
tedrapaige
tedrapaige Posts: 24 Member
Has anyone had their sleeve revised into a bypass? Thoughts? Comments?

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I did! My sleeve left me vomiting bile at random times, and had to be converted to a bypass to prevent the bile from getting into my stomach. With the sleeve my beginning weight was 318, and lost to 208, before I began looking for comfort foods. Regained to approximately 250. Then began losing again and was 231 the day I was converted to bypass. I'm now 168 (3 pounds from my goal weight)! And I don't vomit bile anymore!

I have to add: I knew going in for the bypass was another opportunity to "get it right", but knew I had to change the foods I ate, or I would be right back where I began! I found the ketogenic way of eating to be the way I want to eat, for life! Wish I had found it before ever having the sleeve done! But, I can't change the past! I can only change my future by the choices I make today!
  • tedrapaige
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with me. I have developed quite severe acid reflux from my sleeve, plus my weight loss has been incredibly slow. So my surgeon has asked me to think about a revision to get rid of the reflux .
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's a terrible side effect for some sleevers! Hope you find the help you need! I can definitely sympathize with you on that one!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a sleeve, but I suffered from severe acid reflux for years before my RNY 20 months ago. I've had NO reflux since having the RNYGB.
  • tedrapaige
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that it does help. I probably wouldn't revise if it werent for the reflux, but it's just so ugh.

Has anyone (or anyone know of anyone) that's had a bad revision experience?