Interesting Weight loss/gain Articles with Links

Options
cjdsign
cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
Hi Everyone! Another place to put those Articles you'd like to share with the group.
I ran across quite a few articles I'll share here and would like you to do the same. However, With your article, also show the link/Http:// and Let's just click the "like" or "Amazing" in the comment boxes below the article. I'll be monitoring so if you do comment, don't be upset if I put your comment in a different forum. I'll have to be monitoring my own comments, you can be assured of that! :blush: CJ

Replies

• cjdsign
    Options
    Hunger is a Side Effect of Weight-Loss Maintenance

One of the things it does, of course, is to make the dieter hungry. And this goes beyond the ordinary pangs of eating less. Calorie reduction has repeatedly been shown to prod the body into boosting its output of hormones that make us hungry and reducing those that make us feel full. And as with metabolic changes, it was assumed that this was temporary. But a recent Australian study found that these hunger-inducing hormonal responses were unchanged one year later.

So, along with burning fewer calories, the body makes us ravenous. A one-two punch to the gut, as it were. The director of the Australian study put it bluntly: “The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time.” Your Biggest Weight-Loss Hurdle: Your Bodycalorielab.com/news/
  • cjdsign
    Options
    and to go with the above article, the link to the Australian Study. nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1105816
  • cjdsign
    Options
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Disability Exercises: Exercising for Persons with Disabilities disabled-world.com/fitness/exercise/
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Disability Pilates: Exercises for Disabled & Seniors: disabled-world.com/fitness/exercise/pilates/
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Along with the CICO trap that has been proven over the last 40 years to FAIL the poor strenuous dieter in the long term (anyone can lose weight on most diets for a short time)

Dr. Jason Fung (my 2nd kidney doctor) who called this theory "C.R.A.P. was interviewed and explains it VERY WELL on his blog. Why The First Law of Thermodynamics is Utterly Irrelevant
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/
    Some calories (white bread) will raise insulin a lot, and others (butter) will not raise insulin at all. This should have been the first clue that calories are not the common language of weight gain/loss. The body has no receptors for calories and has no way of measuring calories.
    (as we know you can lose weight on 1200 calories of Twinkles, or 1200 of broccoli..proven already)

The Biggest Loser Diet – Explained! https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/biggest-loser-diet-explained/

We also learn you permanently LOWER your ability to burn calories AFTER. A DOUBLE whammy as not only are you forced to eat less FOREVER to even TRY to maintain, you DO NOT burn the same calories in excercise as your body refuses to "follow the CICO rule" on the "calories OUT" portion of the formula. How unfair is that? Burning 400-600 calories LESS for the same exercise efforts as the average weight person next to you in the gym, or track is frustrating beyond belief.

Dr. Bernardi also posted about the Biggest Loser study-on results 6 years AFTER..
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/the-biggest-loser-study
    As Dr Bernardi calls it..."The Biggest Loser is pure TV gold.
    But is it gold for the contestants themselves? A just-released study — shedding not-so flattering light on what happens after the show — suggests not."..

The show encouranging millions to get OFF the ouch, try Jenny Craig, WW, those horrible HCG (usless) "Magic Drops" to lose, etc. this should be GOOD, yes?

But the 99% who CAN'Y KEEP it off teach us there must be a different approach.

Disabled people especially who CAN'T apply the EXERCISE factor must find the BEST diet for themselves, so I encourage all to look beyond old teachings that haven't proven effective for long term life.
  • cjdsign
    Options
    So what gets rid of extra abdominal fat, including visceral fat?

Both your food intake as well as your training program are important if you are to get this right and the good news is that I've spent over a decade researching this topic, analyzing the science, and applying it "in the trenches" with myself as well as thousands of my clients from all over the world to see what works to really stimulate abdominal fat loss.

I've actually even seen a particular study that divided thousands of participants into a diet-only group and an exercise & diet combined group. While both groups in this study made good progress, the diet-only group lost significantly LESS abdominal fat than the diet & exercise combined group.

From my research, two of the most important aspects to getting rid of visceral fat are:

1. The use of high intensity forms of exercise and full-body resistance training. Low intensity cardio exercise simply isn't as effective for removing visceral fat in particular. High intensity exercise such as interval training, sprints (bike sprints or running sprints), AND full-body weight training are very effective at helping to improve your body's ability to manage glucose and increases insulin sensitivity, a crucial step in removing visceral fat.

These types of high intensity exercise routines are also very effective at increasing your fat-burning hormones and creating a hormonal environment conducive to burning off abdominal fat, including visceral fat.

2. In addition, it's vitally important to get blood sugar under control to help restore insulin sensitivity through the right nutrition. This means greatly reducing sugars and refined starches in your diet (including fully eliminating any use of harmful high fructose corn syrup!), and focusing more of your diet on healthy fats (such as avocados, nuts, seeds, coconut fat, olive oil, grass-fed butter, free-range eggs, fatty fish and fish oils, etc), as well as increasing protein and fiber intake. The standard diet recommended by the government, which contains an unnaturally high grain intake is NOT conducive to controlling blood sugar and reducing visceral fat!

Reducing grain-based foods in your diet and getting more of your carbs from veggies and high fiber fruits such as berries can go a long way to helping to solve this problem.truthaboutabs.com/abdominal-fat-dangers.html