Horrible Sunday Binge :(

Options
SlimSage
SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
My calorie goal everyday is just under 1600. Today I ate just under 5000 due to an extreme binge. I don't know what to do to get better.

Replies

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I've been doing so much better since I started checking in with this group. I've been pretty consistent with it for a little more than a year now. I still have rough days but the accountability has helped me a ton. Maybe start with that daily check in and see if it helps. Then, look at taking other steps if you need to.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    First, don't beat yourself up :) For years I've beaten myself up over every binge, and all it did was make me feel like giving up. Just this month I finally started to make a real effort to forgive myself and move on, and it has helped SO much. I had a bad binge on Sunday night too. I felt bad about it but I forced myself to stop and say "I can't fix what already happened. I can only move on and make today better." Reminding myself of that really helped me not continue the binge into yesterday and onward (which is what has always happened in the past).

Also, stay in this group and participate in the "Me vs. The Binge" thread. You'll find other people who have the same struggles and who record when they've had a binge- it helps knowing you're not alone. You'll also find people who have made a TON of progress in controlling their binging- you'll see that it IS possible but that even for people who have been successful, they still have days that are hard to control. All that helps set realistic expectations with yourself- knowing you CAN do this, but that you WILL have setbacks and that's okay.

Other things that can help: check out the Success boards- see what has worked for others. If certain situations lead to binging, ask for advice- this is a really great group for that. I've found that for me, this is the ONE place I can be truly honest about my binging problem without worrying about how people will react because they actually understand.

Just don't give up- you can get through this! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My most recent "big" one was in January - easily 3600, 4500, 4000 calories, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And it wasn't even recorded as it happened, so I'm sure I missed things. I've had smaller events of eating something I didn't want to eat but was compelled to eat beyond my control, but that was the last big one I recorded. I'm doing a low carb plan - and each day was 300-600 carbs, too, so it wasn't just calories I blew.

What @Moxie42 said is the best advice I've seen/heard/repeated. Banishing guilt is crucial. Guilt is far more damaging than any calorie or binge could ever be - because it feeds the cycle. So, sending hugs!
  • SlimSage
    SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to coach myself away from the binges and write little notes to myself to keep me strong throughout the day (which was extremely helpful today) but I'm starting to feel like I might be getting a bit obsessive
  • MIssyChay
    MIssyChay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Omg. I feel the pain. I too, know the Sunday binge all too well. But i've been good lately. Trying to stay focused and remind myself that i want to finally feel good with my body. Is it worth the guilt? Your hard work? So i end up still binging, but on something maybe less harmful to my body, such as sorbet, or a few candy, or a little cheese. I also have what we call a "vision board". It has picture of fit girl and body parts and motivational quotes to remind myself why i work so hard for. Its worked so far for me.
    Hope this helped. Dont beat yourself to much. We also only have one life to live.
    Stay strong and cheers!
  • oxxobribri
    oxxobribri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you been better since then? Hopefully you have. :)
  • TheBrock84
    TheBrock84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Hey!! Never stressed out on the small stuff. There is always a new day coming. Treat it like a New Year to be a New You!!
  • maryanne2000
    maryanne2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have never, ever thought to calculate the calories in a binge. I don't want to to know. What I do know is that probably ten nights out of the last month, I have overeaten so much at night that I wake up during the nights with horrible heartburn, or to vomit. So gross.