Ideas for easy portable lunch/snacks?

Options
pugglepants318
pugglepants318 Posts: 20 Member
Hi- I am going out on my friend's boat this weekend, and I wanted some ideas of portable lunch/snacks to bring. I am sick of plain old salads.

What are some easy things to transport in a small cooler? I need inspiration!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    Eggs salad, chicken salad, tuna salad. Beef jerkey, cheese, guacamole, chicken drumsticks. Any meat you enjoy cold. Nuts.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Lunchables protien pacs, yummy and only 3 carbs
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and avocados come in their own packages.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Meatballs or scotch eggs
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If it is hot where you are, consider taking an electrolyte mix with you to keep from losing too much sodium through sweat.

It was very hot this past Sunday and I made the mistake of doing a hike without bringing some ketoade with me. By the time I finished, I was nauseous and had a huge headache.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    <3 Pork rinds.
  • falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you can do an Ezekiel bread (or any bread really but healthiest is ezekiel) sandwich with really anything you want on it.. as long as its in a cooler. I usually do Ezekiel bread w/ vegan mayo spread on, 1/4 avocado sliced, a thin slice of firm tofu w/ hot sauce or sriracha sauce... i also usually have some type of fruit whether it be sliced papaya, banana, 1/2 grapefruit, strawberries & banana slices and i even love snacking on almonds, cashews, hazelnuts & dried cranberries mix! and drink tons of water, it always fills me up too
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Keto trail mix - base of shaved coconut, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.

Add macadamias, if you can find them at a decent price, and whatever other keto-friendly nuts and seeds you like.

(No raisins, bit you can add dried black beans if you just have to have a dark color. Watch your fillings.)
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    <3 Pork rinds.

YES!!!!!!!! I always forget about these bad boys. I love Louisiana hot sauce pork rinds. EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I usually take a piece of cheese and put lunch meat, mayo, pickles and roll it all up when I have to have something on the go.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    <3 Pork rinds.

love these w/ some french onion chip dip!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Salami, jerky (watch for hidden carbs / sugars), nut butters, any kind of nut or seed or combination thereof, cheese sticks, pork rinds, soul bread (it travels really well - if interested here's the link to all the recipe variations of it: http://lowcarbediem.com/low-carb-soul-bread-recipes/), cut up low-carb veggies with some healthy high fat salad dressing in a little container; homemade low-carb trail mix, homemade low-carb granola. The possibilities are endless.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    hmilly wrote: »
    ...or any bread really
    ...tofu
    ...papaya...banana...grapefruit...banana slices
    ...dried cranberries

You do know what forum you're in, ya? ;)

I got a kick out of her post too. Ezekiel bread indeed!! lol
  • jetsamflotsam
    jetsamflotsam Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Any or all of the following... Pepperoni sticks, dill pickles, deli meat, cheese, nuts, hard boiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon strips.

Since you have a cooler, I'd pack a baggie of cold baked salmon or chicken, a freezer bag of greens, a little container of caesar dressing and a baggie of feta. Add everything to the bag of greens, close and give it a shake to combine, you can even eat it from the bag if you want to keep it really simple. Just roll the bag inwards as you eat...
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cold fathead pizza, meatballs, cheese slices, turkey, and kind of meats, stromboli. The list is endless! Or you could just eat breakfast and fast through the day until dinner time :) Have fun, I love being on the water!
  • pugglepants318
    pugglepants318 Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Great ideas! (Except the bread idea, LOL ;-))