Ashamed

Options
FitLaughLove
FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
I had a really good day until I came home from work. Started to study for my final, got stressed, and ate everything

Replies

• nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We all have these moments. I beat myself up all the time, even when logically I know I shouldn't. Like everyone has told me, tomorrow is another day and a chance to start again. Move forward and don't be hard on yourself. :)
  • FitLaughLove
    FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nitallica wrote: »
    We all have these moments. I beat myself up all the time, even when logically I know I shouldn't. Like everyone has told me, tomorrow is another day and a chance to start again. Move forward and don't be hard on yourself. :)

Thank you :) it's just so hard to move forward the next day. I get so down on myself which makes me even more tempted to eat
  • pitapam97
    pitapam97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been so stressed that I just don't eat one snack, I eat two or three.
  • soypup
    soypup Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's also a good sign that you could identify why you were eating. I've only just recently been able to make the connection.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    this is so hard. I know it's easy to say and hard to pull off. But maybe set aside a corner of your place for stress relief. Candles, coloring books, a funny book or comic that makes you happy. A way to relax without the comfort of food. I know it's so easy to say. I've been there! Be easy on yourself and try to plan something ahead for the next time. I knew I was on the right path one day when my son was driving me batty and I sat down and folded plastic grocery bags for storage instead of eating to calm down. Weird I know, but it worked for me! Best of luck!

oh I love the ideas you shared! I don't think the folding grocery bags idea is weird at all. It took away your focus from stress eating! The comfy corner... that's what I need to create... my color books, etc. great suggestion, so glad you posted this!! <3
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try talking to yourself the way you would talk to a beloved friend if they had done this. You would speak with compassion and gentleness. You would be encouraging your friend to use this as a learning opportunity, one step in the path to successfully identifying how to pay attention to triggering feelings as well as how to practice self care to handle those feelings in a way that promotes healing. You might say that times like these are vital to that learning process because simply relying on the memories of past incidents of emotional eating in order to learn the self care you need now will only give a partial picture of current emotional needs. You might tell your friend how proud you are that she or he is working very hard at not giving up. You would say how much that friend is precious and worth the effort.

Because YOU are precious and worth the effort.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    asaber1616 wrote: »
    nitallica wrote: »

Thank you :) it's just so hard to move forward the next day. I get so down on myself which makes me even more tempted to eat

I totally understand and get caught in that trap myself.. I think many of us do. As we make changes and see changes I feel it strengthens us. I fine I catch myself more quickly than I used to be able to.
  • TishaSB
    TishaSB Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but remember tomorrow is a new day and a day to get back on track. Please do not beat yourself up about a slip up. I have my days when I am down and want to indulge in everything that is wrong and if I have a "slip up", I dust myself off and start anew. We are all in this together and are actually rooting for one another. I hope our words of encouragement help you.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    oh I love the ideas you shared! I don't think the folding grocery bags idea is weird at all. It took away your focus from stress eating! The comfy corner... that's what I need to create... my color books, etc. great suggestion, so glad you posted this!! <3

Yay! :smiley: