Just the Basics June: Week 2 (6/9-6/15)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
The official challenge blurb for you! :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
Welcome to LC Basics Bootcamp!
I haven't done this in a bit. It's time again.

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important other basics. Staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the challenge stickie at the top of the Group page, for when the thread gets buried. 2 clicks, to the stickie and the Weekly link, will get you back here asap.

So go ahead and post your goals below.

My daily post would look something like this.
SW: 159.6
CW: 159.6

Wed 6/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your plan's basics.

Ok I know I missed the beginning of the new "week" yesterday. I have too much going on. I apologize. So the dates don't match up. But who cares? You all will forgive me right. :wink:

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Much love to you and yours.

This week I've mostly stayed under 25 carbs total. I've typed the electrolytes, and feel amazing because of it.

SW: 216.8
    CW: 213.2
    GW: 165/170

I'm doing well,not allowing the almighty scale to rule me emotionally. I've taken pictures, and my hunger is fading fast.

Have a great week, fellows!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You're forgiven, @baconslave. Just don't let it happen again. LoL

6/8:

SW: 249 in late March
    CW: 231.5
    GW: 150 ultimately

GW: for this week is 228

The sun is shining so I'll get to take my walk down the hill and back up again. I'm still planning the rest of my day but I'm sure it will include some batch baking and batch cooking. Yesterday I wen't shopping and bought some staples like Coconut Oil and Agave, neither of which I've ever used before so I'll have a day or two of hunting recipes and trying new things.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    June 8:
    Water: Decent, room for improvement, though
    Calories: 22 to spare (yay!)
    Carbs: Under 75 -in my wheelhouse
    Exercise: in the bag - Lifted my weights, got it done :)
    Sleep: 6.5 (roughly) - seems to be my trend, really need to get another hour or so in

SW: 176.8
    CW: 171.6 (as of Wednesday morning)
    GW: 155ish (depends on how I look/feel, this could vary)

Things are going pretty well for me so far, thankfully :)
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    30th May - Weight - 255
    9th June - CW: 248

9th June - Daily Goals

Meds/supplements - yes
    Under Cals - yes
    under 50g carbs - yes
    still having a stressful time but managed to stay on track again, feeling good and looking forward to the future
  • Adelia979
    Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW: 246 on March 14th
    CW: 238 on June 7th
    GW: 167

I did awesome last week of making my batch meals and planning out my meals for the week, so I'm going to continue doing that.
    This week, I'm going to commit to NOT cheating on any days lol. I usually slip up once or twice a week and it shows in my results.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Today was pretty good, food wise. Went over carbs by about 10g, due to veggies. Not happy bout that, but it wasn't over by a few hundred - so progress. Also followed my plan very closely, but I only had green beans in the house, which have a surprising amount of carbs. No biggie.
    Tomorrow is dance night, another chance to see if my strategies will keep me from the after binge. I know it will click one of these days. I just know it.
    Didn't get out for my walk even though it was perfect temperature. I'm so stubborn.
    Did spend time on job search stuff.
    Rating today as a 6. Room for improvement, but not horrible.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Today I had a great Macro day. Yesterday, I went over my proteins b/c I hadn't planned my meals well enough, so today I paid a bit more attention and also made bulletproof coffee for the first time. I'm a coffee junkie, so I thoroughly enjoyed that as a way to fill up my fat percent without imbibing on proteins! My total carbs have remained under 25g always, and most of the time under 20g. No slip ups, I've been cheat-free since I started on 6/1. Today, I exercised by walking and by punching my reflex bag. I'd give today a 10.

SW: 329
    CW: 318.6
    GW: <200
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Today was great in terms of calories and carbs. Stayed up til 3 a.m. though so I only got less than 5 hrs of sleep. Oops. Knees have been inflamed so I took it easy physically; no workout but got in about 7k steps.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I got everything done - steps (doubled my goal actually), meds, carbs in check, etc. But man I'm fighting sugar cravings like nobody's business today!!!!! It sucksssssssssss
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hugs @baconslave hang in there.

I have been better (not perfect) with my foods but am still eating too much. I am mostly recovered from my glutening (celiac) and have lost a few pounds of bloating.

This week is about getting more back on track and skipping unneeded carbs and calories. I'm working on it. :)
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Meeting my goals but stuck at the same weight for four days. Yes, I weigh daily and small fluctuations don't bother me. Being stuck does. I do like Jimmy Dean sausage but believe it may be the culprit. I'll be searching for a breakfast sausage that has zero carbs.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    For 6/9
    Logged - yes
    Water - yes
    Sodium - yes
    Calories - over a bit
    Carb - yes
    Vitamins - forgot
    Activity - none, except a couple planks. Just not feeling it this week.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Logged: great
    Water: great
    Carb Goal: great
    Exercise: 30 minutes - fast walk.
    No booze: YUP. Drying out

I am very pleased with this week! Made lamb muffins last night. Ground lamb seasoned with Italian spices baked in muffin tins filled centers with sauteed chopped onions and red peppers topped with parmesan cheese, squirt of sriracha. OMG! Sooo good.
  • baconslave
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Hugs @baconslave hang in there.

I have been better (not perfect) with my foods but am still eating too much. I am mostly recovered from my glutening (celiac) and have lost a few pounds of bloating.

This week is about getting more back on track and skipping unneeded carbs and calories. I'm working on it. :)

It's hard because food is so yummy. :cry:
    But you can do it!

Phrick wrote: »
    I got everything done - steps (doubled my goal actually), meds, carbs in check, etc. But man I'm fighting sugar cravings like nobody's business today!!!!! It sucksssssssssss

I'm am so glad you're cleared. And you're feeling much better, yes?
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Today was pretty good, food wise. Went over carbs by about 10g, due to veggies. Not happy bout that, but it wasn't over by a few hundred - so progress. Also followed my plan very closely, but I only had green beans in the house, which have a surprising amount of carbs. No biggie.
    Tomorrow is dance night, another chance to see if my strategies will keep me from the after binge. I know it will click one of these days. I just know it.
    Didn't get out for my walk even though it was perfect temperature. I'm so stubborn.
    Did spend time on job search stuff.
    Rating today as a 6. Room for improvement, but not horrible.

At least it was just overage with veggies. Lots of micronutrients there, too. Maybe you needed them.

Yesterday:
    Thus 6/9:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: Cleaned 2 rooms top to bottom. Walked :+1:
    Prelogged Next Day: :+1:

SW: 159.6
    CW: 159 -*kitten**kitten**kitten* My body is so dumb. Urgh.

oh well. Tha scale be dumb. Par.
    I'll be off this weekend for a camping trip. Lots of biking and chasing the littlest 2 and taking them all to the pool (YUCK. I look good in my suit but I will never like it.) Then Dad will come to visit on Monday. He'll be moving back. Which is great for the kids...but I'm unsure about it. I have enough to do. Now basically I have another person to worry about and look after, and he's turning 72. He'll be moving next door. I LOVE Dad, don't get me wrong. He's healthy and eats right most of the time. I just know the future. He'll stay independent as long as he can. But I'm still traumatized over what happened to mom. I can't play nursing home nurse to him. I have 4 kids to educate. And if something ever happens and I have to put him in a home, it will break my heart in a million pieces.

Can't sit and worry over what hasn't happened yet though.

Determined to have a great day.
    Lots to do.
    After I've caught up with everyone here on MFP, though, of course.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    June 9:
    Water: Not enough, better today I hope
    Calories: I went over by about 30 I think, but no big deal
    Carbs: Around 83 or so, a bit too high for my liking...
    Exercise: I jogged/walked 3 miles, my knee was a beast...hurt so bad I almost cried by the time I limped home. Wasn't the best run in history...not sure what was going on there. Sad. :(
    Sleep: 6.5 (roughly) - seems to be my trend, really need to get another hour or so in

SW: 176.8
    CW: 171.6 (as of Wednesday morning)
    GW: 155ish (depends on how I look/feel, this could vary)

The weekend is upon us, they're the hardest for me! They're also my exercise rest days (although I generally still do a lot of walking or biking because I enjoy it...so I don't really call it exercise).
  • charliedog20
    charliedog20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays so I will be reporting here for the 1st week. I lost 2 lbs. so a pretty good week. I was able to meet the challenge for the week and looking forward to doing the same for next week.
    SW: 190
    CW: 170
    GW: 150
    Half way there!!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I ate ice cream for the first time in a year... Why? No idea. Just stupid. It was good but not amazing. Pffft It's not surprising that my body keeps acting up on me. My fingers are swollen stiff little sausages this morning. Ice cream.... what was I thinking?

Oh, and to scare myself I took my BG this morning. 6.9. Dumb dumb dumb. Bet ya there is not a ketone to be found in me right now. Moving on...

I need a good couple of weeks of clean, LC foods. Starting again today I guess. LOL
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Phrick wrote: »

I'm am so glad you're cleared. And you're feeling much better, yes?

Yes, SO SO much better! I still have some arthritis pain but nothing like before... I am cleared for things like lifting up to 40lbs, all the walking I want to do, etc. but a few things still have to wait for the full 6 weeks to pass (10 more days till I can try on running again!!!!!). Thank you for asking!