Blenders and BPC?

Options
1Kristana
1Kristana Posts: 10 Member
Have any of you have had problems w/ your blender making BPC?
I was using a Magic Bullet til it started leaking( it's no fun cleaning up BPC that's sprayed all over your kitchen). I'm looking into getting a new blender but I thought I'd ask what kind(or brand) you guys use. Thanks:)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I used a Magic Bullet too and there was no issue. Maybe it wasn't sealed properly.

You can use something like this as well: https://www.amazon.com/Aerolatte-Original-Electric-Frother-Satin/dp/B0002KZUNK?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I ended up switching to using a stick blender then just a milk frother because of the same problem. The blender container needs to be glass or it will eventually split.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I use my ninja which is similar to the bullet and only have issue if I don't seal it tight enough, you do have to be careful opening it though because hot liquids don't like to be blended lol
  • 1Kristana
    1Kristana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'll look into a milk frother also.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    you do have to be careful opening it though because hot liquids don't like to be blended lol

No joke!

I was blending a hot soup once and blew the lid off the blender and sprayed soup all over my cabinets and counters!

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I prefer my stick blender for BPC. Just make sure you don't overfill the container you're mixing it in, and/or cover loosely with a cloth to catch any hot splatter.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I initially used my ninja until the seal around the cap began melting. I replaced it with a glass oster (cheap from Walmart). Almost 6 months later and no issues so far.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Milk frother here too! The blenders are too much clean up, for me!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm not a BPC person really, but am interested... I'll have to look into blenders, but I really want to upgrade my coffee maker too. I would like to find something that has a grinder as a part of it and can be programmed to grind and then brew at a pre-set time. I live along, so not looking for a 12-cup. A 4-cup would be better, but this is difficult to find apparently. Any suggestions?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap - I use a whisk. LOL I'm lazy too - I often just make it in a travel coffee mug and shake it all until it is frothy. I just reshake after each sip. ;)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't drink BPC, but I do use a hand held stick blender. I leave it plugged in (near the sink). I make milk kefir everyday, I blend blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in it. To clean, I take it and plunge it into a glass of water and turn it on, a then I run it under tap water for a final rinse.

Here's a pic:

8jk3zd1jp847.jpg

It has two triggers, one low and one high speed. And it has a variable speed dial. You can take the stick blender off and put a small food processor accessory on it (slice and dice). I think it was in the $30-$40 range at Walmart.

I've had it for maybe a year and it has worked flawlessly.

You can blend a lot stuff with it. They say you can make alternative mayo with it (other than soy based) ~ although I never have tried it. I use it so much, if it broke I would order a new one immediately.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

ny29matar1xn.gif
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I use a regular blender; cheap one, really. Oster brand I think. The vessel is glass and for each button there are two speeds. I start out low then crank it up. I hate that it needs to be broken down and cleaned after each use. The liquids get into the blade area and so the blade must be removed, the gasket cleaned etc. every single time I use it which is every day now. It seems the stick blender and a vessel would be way easier to clean...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm cheap - I use a whisk. LOL I'm lazy too - I often just make it in a travel coffee mug and shake it all until it is frothy. I just reshake after each sip. ;)

I was doing that but my travel mug also had a plastic gasket in the lid that kept coming out and was a bear to put back in. Darn fats make everything so slippery :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I was doing that but my travel mug also had a plastic gasket in the lid that kept coming out and was a bear to put back in. Darn fats make everything so slippery :-)

The Contigo travel mugs are the BEST. I was given some as a gift - love them! They are sold at Walmart and Costco fairly reasonably.
    http://www.gocontigo.com/16-oz-autoseal-west-loop-stainless-travel-mug-with-easy-clean-lid.html
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Stick blenders (sometimes called immersion blenders) are great for BPC. I do tea rather than coffee and use a big, glass measuring cup to steep the tea and add everything else to it. Pour into tall mug, cap it with the lid, and enjoy. Clean up is a breeze!