June mini challenge.

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,864 Member
    Options
    Starting to feel better guys. Thanks for the well wishes.

Chris I have a feeling that first grade saved a lot of munching. You must stay busy! Retirement has such mixed blessings. Glad your weight is still good. :smiley:

Paula not gaining is always a great start.

I am at 143. Lower I am sure only because food did not taste so good lately.

Michelle I am sending lots of good thoughts your way. Good luck.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,317 Member
    Options
    Paula, good job now gaining! Wish I could say the same...but nopey, nope!

Michelle, don't know anything about horse buying but house buying will be the least fun of everything you have ever done in life!!!!!

Glad to see you, Shelley!

Yeah, well...can we say 138.4 this morning? So not a great weigh in. :'(

Chris

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Cookies make me break out, but I ate them like crazy all day. Thank goodness our City Manager brought in fruit the afternoon. Finished building the preliminary budget book at 8:30 tonight. Gonna be a crazy month and coffee and sugar are making me efficient.

Now comes the fight to replace efficiency with healthiness again.

Love to see you back, Shelley.

Michelle, are you going to find a place you can keep your horse?

Best wishes to all.
    Paula
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, Shelley! :smile:

Chris, I'm anticipating that, haha!! I talked with my mom about everything for hours last night, and she said pretty much the same thing. I AM excited at the prospect of being a homeowner, but NOT thrilled about the process of getting there.

Paula, as much as I'd like to buy a place where we could keep the horse, that sort of land will likely be out of our budget. What I'd like to do is find a decent foreclosed home and stay there until we get some equity built up. Someday we'll be able to buy our farm, but not right away. And that's okay. :smile: I can board the horse somewhere - there are a lot of options in that avenue.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Michelle, is either the realtor or the loan person a friend? We had both this last time and that really helped. Much less BS and shady stuff than in the past. Our realtor didn't want her commission but we insisted because she found us the perfect house and made sure we got it.

Sad to say...139.0...my own fault.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, do you know what this flower is?

box0j9zxicip.jpg

84k3xwxnkfs0.jpg

We found it on our walk and brought a piece home to see what we could do with it. It's really an interesting flower.

Chris

• WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chris, we only JUST started planning this out this past week, so we're in the barest of the bare bones stage right now - no realtors or loan people yet. Our financial advisor is a friend, though, and he's coming to all our meetings with us to read the fine print of all the contracts and stuff we're signing so we know what we're getting into and avoid as much BS as possible. Whenever the time comes. We DO have a friend who is a realtor, though, and my husband and I have talked about meeting with him. It helps to know people!!

That is a very strange flower. Looks like something out of a book!

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning - 142. Not too terrible, but I have some work to do if I want to be in the 130s in a month! Currently resisting the urge to grab a snack. Maybe I'll brush my teeth. Minty fresh clean teeth always kill the urge to snack - mint ruins the taste, and I don't want my nice clean teeth to get food all over them!!
  • PaulaKro
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • cpanus
    Options
    Michelle, work with folks you trust. Let them know your concerns. I hope you find the perfect house.

Paula, you are the best! That is exactly what it is! However...after reading up on it, we decided not to plant it. It's really invasive and really, really hard to get rid of when you get tired of it. It only blooms for about four months of the year and the blooms only last a day or so. And you can eat the whole thing! The roots you eat like a potato and the leaves and flowers like salad. Crazy! **sigh** It is very pretty though. Thanks!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I posted this on the wrong thread (sorry): "I worked 12-13hour days last week existing on sweets and coffee. Me weight this morning was 171. 'nuff said."

Today it was down to 168. :sweat_smile: That "7" was very unpleasant, even worse than the "6".

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    139.4. Way too much salt. Don't even want to see the 140's.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    138.8 this morning...better.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Didn't weigh this morning - wet hair don'cha know.
  • cpanus
    Options
    137.4 this morning...maybe??!!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,864 Member
    Options
    Chris I have to agree with Paula. Looks like a variant of the evening primrose. There are close to 100 different types. Nothing like the ones sold everywhere in the spring time.
    http://www.pnwflowers.com/images/plants/9813210.jpg

Michelle we are all wishing you the best in your hunt.

My weight is pretty steady. ranges between 144 - 145. I am ok with that still. Still have a bit of the crude.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley! I'm so glad you are feeling better! We miss you!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    166.5 - seem to have dropped last week's errant five pounds. Still a work in progress...
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good job, Paula!

137.2 this morning! I'm pretty happy!!

Chris
  • cpanus
    edited June 2016
    Options
    136.4 this morning...maybe!! Hoping my weigh in tomorrow is significantly down from last week...got my fingers crossed.

Chris ;)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Sticking at 167 last two days. Kicking cravings by upping protein. It's really good at filling the little tummy.

Paula