Calcium Magnesium Balance- informative Dr. Sircus article

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/calcium-magnesium-balance

I noticed an immediate improvement in joint/hip pain reduction after 3 days of adding liquid Mg to my tea, water, soup, etc. I drifted away from using it daily, and it does me no good sitting the bottle!!

Some snips from the article: (worth the read!)

Magnesium and calcium are paired minerals. Several studies have reported that increasing calcium in the diet significantly reduces the absorption of magnesium
Up to 30% of the energy of cells is used to pump calcium out of the cells.

A healthy cell has high magnesium and low calcium levels. The higher the calcium level and the lower the magnesium level in the extra-cellular fluid, the harder is it for cells to pump the calcium out.

It is magnesium that controls the fate of potassium and calcium in the body. If magnesium is insufficient, potassium and calcium will be lost in the urine and calcium will be deposited in the soft tissues (kidneys, arteries, joints, brain, etc.).

Calcium causes muscles to contract, while magnesium helps them relax.

Without sufficient magnesium, calcium can collect in the soft tissues and cause arthritis.

Every day the media, acting as proxy for the milk lobby, sells calcium as a magic bullet. Has it worked? It has definitely worked for milk sales; however, for American health it has been a disaster.

Replies

• ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    HI. Gelatin is the best for arthritis pain. Please read. I use it everyday and its amazing. The Great lakes Gelatin is super. http://wellnessmama.com/7419/gelatin-uses/
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I used to get regular spasms in my shoulders and neck causing me to not be able to turn my head for weeks. When I started lchf I started getting leg cramps and someone told me about electrolytes. I started taking magnesium and the first night I didn't have leg cramps, so the second night I didn't take it. That next morning I got a ripping spasm through my neck and shoulders so bad I could hardly sit up or roll over. Ever since then I've taken my mag almost every single night. I honestly can't believe what a difference it makes, it's literally amazing to me, without it I'm in so much pain. I now use magnesium glycinate because it's better absorbed and helps with relaxation and anxiety