Just the Basics June: Week 2 (6/9-6/15)

Options

Replies

• saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thursday June 9th
    SW-192
    CW- no clue....have to get a new scale...but no difference in the way my clothes fit :( But that's okay I know the chemistry in my body is better.

Water-good!
    Carbs- kept under 50gms
    Calories- 9 over...not bad
    Forgot my supplements
    Exercise-minimal

Felling like I'm doing pretty good so far. However, I'm concerned about having company over the weekend and getting tempted my all the yummy "carby" foods that will be around. I also feel like others don't understand/approve of LCHF so the peer pressure will be there.

• gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new started this on Monday... Weighed in today I've lost 6 lbs
    Bw 194
    Cw 180
    Gw 154
    Sw 149

Feel free to look at diary and tell me what you think ;) I'm 5ft 9 mother of 6 lol
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    30th May - Weight - 255
    9th June - CW: 248

10th June - Daily Goals

Meds/supplements - yes
    Under Cals - yes
    under 50g carbs - yes
    had a much better day today - no stress - feeling totally in control still - had slightly higher carbs today but still below my goal. As much as I like strawberries, I think they need to be an occasional treat though as definitely felt hungrier the days I have eaten them so going to go back to my mainly carnivore way of eating as feel so much better doing that
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new started this on Monday. Feel free to look at diary and tell me what you think ;) I'm 5ft 9 mother of 6 lol

I'm curious about how other people are eating on this, so I did look at your diary. I noticed that your protein seems a little high. That could kick you out of ketosis. I know I had one day I ate too much protein and I just felt off from how I'd felt the rest of the time. If you want to look at mine, feel free to friend me. It's hard to get that fat in without too much protein. Maybe instead of chicken breast, choose a dark meat with skin on to help the macro ratios and feel more full. I hope that helps, and hope I'm not sharing stuff you already know :-)
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just now jumping in here! I haven't done any dieting for quite awhile but in March I decided to simply count calories. I lost a bit of weight, but then cravings took over, life stress happened, and I tanked. Today, the light went on and I said to myself, "who are you kidding? LCHF has been the only program that's worked consistently." So, I'm back on and keeping myself accountable here. Just got back from the grocery to stock up on the right foods and am ready to go!

SW 209
    CW 195
    GW 145

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I ate some more carbs a couple days ago trying to see if responding to cravings would help with my ongoing stomach issues. I think it did actually help my stomach but the scale bounced up a few lbs. :/

Did really well today with cals, carbs, exercise, etc. today though. And not bad with sleep, though it took me a while to fall asleep last night.

Saw the cardiologist today to get results from a bunch of tests he ran. Overall things are looking really good. Two things of note though:

* I really do need to keep a more careful eye on sodium long-term. I've slacked lately and it showed in some of the testing.
    * Turns out my BP doesn't react normally to exercise. (We knew I have low BP and a vagal response.) He thinks HIIT might not be the best idea for me as a result, and just stressed to really listen to my body and adjust as needed.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Even though I made some of those Strawberry Fat Bombs that are too good to be real, I still stayed within total calories and macro limits. Yeah! I'm pre-logging and checking throughout the day to be certain there is room for whatever it is I'm intending to eat. Without pre-logging, I'd have eaten many, many more Strawberry Fat Bombs and maybe even a few Peanut Butter Fat Bombs, too. I just need to drink more water earlier in the day.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well, I totally (but not accidentally) blew it yesterday. The only goals I hit were meds water and steps! Blew calories and carbs way, way, WAY out of the water. My MIL is here for 10 days...... I stress ate the entire freaking house. Face first in the ice cream. Ah well, no matter what happens the next 9 days, I know how to undo it and re-lose anything I gain (and I will, I'm certain).
  • whitneyr137
    whitneyr137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well the first 11 days of the month are going pretty well. My only slip up was drinking a little too much wine one night >:) , but aside from that things are going good.

SW: 260
    CW: 230.4 (-3 pounds since June 1st) :)
    GW: 180ish

Goals for the month:
    Carbs less than 100g daily-- :)
    No more than one drink weekly :# slipped up one night last weekend
    Exercise 45 minutes 5x/week :)
    GW for end of June: 225 :) Making progress!! Hope to see this still by the end of June

Good luck to ya'll this week!
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    30th May - Weight - 255
    9th June - CW: 248

11th June - Daily Goals

Meds/supplements - yes
    Under Cals - yes
    under 50g carbs - yes way under again after having no strawberries and back on the carnivore food - definitely feel better doing this.
    had a good day today
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Let's just say I'm glad I have no more social engagements til next Friday's dance night. Really going from tight keto to total binge and back again with incredible ease. Binges only on social nights and even when I have so much fun!? I wonder why I even try to figure it out... Just pure crazy! Now, a seven day stretch of zero socials to get it right. Sigh of relief.
    After I sign off, I'm going for a walk around the pond. Hoping for a daily hour of physical activity to counterbalance the crazy. Hope my pals are having a fun weekend!
  • MarciGaf
    MarciGaf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feeling frustrated, I have picked up the exercise this week using the air-o-fit in place of walking as way too cold outside to walk and the weight has not moved. The one good thing is my scales also show fat loss which has dropped dramatically. I'm thinking it must be muscle build due to extra exercise. Don't think it's fluid because no swollen ankles of thick knee which is where the fluid retention usually goes. tomorrow is my weekly measurements day so hoping they will be good result.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Started LCD a month ago due to unforeseen circumstances had to put it on hold. Today is a fresh start!!
    SW 240
    CW 238.7
    First goal weight under 200

Set goals this month( tiny steps)
    10,000 steps
    Water
    Staying within carb limit
    Logging foods
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    SW 6/1/16 329
    CW 6/11/16 316.5

I was a little low on my calories yesterday, the reason being that I conked out on my couch at 6:30! For the most part I've been energetic since I started this, but for some reason my body completely winked out and I slept for about 11 hours (After being startled awake and then managing to drag myself to my actual bed). I didn't feel particularly lethargic beforehand, so I don't know whether to blame that on the diet or not. Anybody have soething like that happen to them? Today has been much better. I have experienced some nausea the past week, so I have spaced out my food a little more and it seems to help. My food diary is a mish mash and not in order, but it's all there.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in a couple days.

Cals: Under 1350
    Carbs: Under 50 net
    Exercise: Didn't make it to 10k steps but my knee pain is flaring again.
    My stomach issues were flaring again today too. It's so frustrating.
    I did finally find *one* thing that seems to help a bit: a cup of beef bouillon with a tbsp of beef gelatin stirred in.
    Sleep: A bit over 7 hrs last night. Looking back since I got my fitbit a month ago, my average amount of nightly sleep has improved by over an hour a night, so that's encouraging!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    There is no way I'll meet my week's goal this time around. I'm setting a new goal of stopping any more gain. There are now two pounds that I'm going to have to lose for the FOURTH time. I know what I have to do; it's just a matter of doing it and get it over with!

• Carnivorekat
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    There is no way I'll meet my week's goal this time around. I'm setting a new goal of stopping any more gain. There are now two pounds that I'm going to have to lose for the FOURTH time. I know what I have to do; it's just a matter of doing it and get it over with!

Stay Strong @PamamaJane you can do this - draw a line underneath it and don't dwell on it being losing the same weight - just look to the future and you can achieve it
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track foodwise yesterday, so that feels great, like the start of a week of breakthoughs! Just hoping...
    A little delayed this AM in my walk, but it's a beautiful day.
    Starting weighing again on Tuesday. Was hoping to have given myself a chance to undo some of my slip up damage before making it official with logging, but that might not have really helped. I may just be the type that needs the daily accountability in order to stay on track. Live and learn. Anyway, it will be the official end to my "spring break"
    So many areas of my life are off kilter at the moment, but I feel I have been doing the best I can to stay positive, to find remedies, to strategize, to remain present for myself.
    Really, about two years ago I started this leg of my weight loss journey with the idea of having a better life. Even though I don't have everything I envisioned, I now have alot of it. That feels awesome, and I need to remind myself that a year from now or whenever, I just may have it all. I need to remember that when I face the day to day struggles, letdowns, and setbacks. The long term curve so far has been like nightmare to daydream.
    I feel so grateful for that today.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am recovered from the gluten (celiac) and my weight dropped to 159-160 from 162-163 pretty quickly. I still need to get back down to 150ish.

I am having a tough time with hunger. I've had too many carbs and my appetite has not dropped again yet. I need to be more consistently LC and put a bit more effort into food prep so I have the appropriate foods on hand when I do get hungry.

I am still walking 30-90 minutes per day. My knees and hips still hate the fact that I am walking 30-90 minutes per day. LOL It does increase my energy for a few hours though so I am sticking with it.

I had planned on starting back into lifting now that homeschooling has wound down a bit but my hands are making that impossible right now, and I can't do much extra lower body work because of the dog walking. It'll come eventually. Or I'll get the stupid hip replacement. Poo.
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I ate some more carbs a couple days ago trying to see if responding to cravings would help with my ongoing stomach issues. I think it did actually help my stomach but the scale bounced up a few lbs. :/

Did really well today with cals, carbs, exercise, etc. today though. And not bad with sleep, though it took me a while to fall asleep last night.

Saw the cardiologist today to get results from a bunch of tests he ran. Overall things are looking really good. Two things of note though:

* I really do need to keep a more careful eye on sodium long-term. I've slacked lately and it showed in some of the testing.
    * Turns out my BP doesn't react normally to exercise. (We knew I have low BP and a vagal response.) He thinks HIIT might not be the best idea for me as a result, and just stressed to really listen to my body and adjust as needed.

Glad things are looking good! Keep doing what you're doing. :)
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    SW 240
    CW 238.7
    First goal weight under 200

Set goals this month( tiny steps)
    10,000 steps✔
    Water✔
    Staying within carb limit ❌over by 15
    Logging foods✔