Day 2 (and question)

Options
JaxxieKat
JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
Hello, everyone! Glad to be a part of this group. I am currently on Day 2 of using the cups and I have a question about using them to help with portion control long-term. The cups were given to me by my aunt. She ended up keeping the workout information, so I have no idea about the 21 Day Fix workout plan. I do maintain a moderately active lifestyle. I dance three times a week for an hour, do strength training with weights at the gym one to two times per week (schedule permitting), run one day, and then have an active recovery day where I may do a moderate pace 2.5 mile walk. Because of the fact that I'm not busting out the hard-hitting daily workouts prescribed by Beachbody, I did back down my caloric intake on the chart to the next lowest level to account for potentially not having as much of a deficit due to calorie burn.z

My question is this. Is keeping up with the portion control and whole foods approach to diet using the cups without the workout plan sustainable?

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the chart and get an activity tracker like Fitbit. that way you can see how acurate your assessment of activity is vs 21df's activity it accounts for in the formula/chart. I'm doing the same thing, and logging in MFP, and the chart is eerily acurate.
  • HartsvilleMom3
    HartsvilleMom3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need some recipes
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sounds like what you're doing is on point and very sustainable
  • WendyMads
    WendyMads Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    21 day fix is a daily exercise and portion control. The exercises on the videos (if you purhase) is 30 min per day along with portion control. IT works, in 21 day I lost 10 lbs.. I an now on round 3 and I am 15lbs down.. I find its really about portion control
  • WendyMads
    Options
    HEre are the container sizes
    Green Veggies - 1cup
    Purple Fruit - 1Cup
    Red Protein - 2/3Cup
    Yellow Carbs - 1/2 Cup
    Blue Healthy, Fats,Cheese - 1/4 Cup
    Orange Seeds, Dressing - 2 TableSpoons
    OiL Oils, Nuts,Butters - 2TeaSpoons

There is a formula to figure out how many of each containers you should eat a day

1. Your current weight (in lbs) x 11 = your basic caloric baseline
    2. Your Caloric Baseline + 400 (fix calorie burn) = Caloric Needs
    3. Your Caloric Needs - 4750 (Caloric Deficit) = Your Caloric Target
    if you number is less than 1200 calories round up to 1200

CONTAINERS:
    For Calories between 1200 - 1400
    3 green containers
    2 purple
    4 red
    2 yellow
    1 blue
    1 orange
    2 tablespoon of nuts, oils or butter

It worked for me. Keep in mind you will feel kinda hungry when you first start. You will have to adjuster your meals to suit how your feel....
    I also suggest you do a protein shake (I love Shakeology but also use the GNC brand too)

Inbox me if you need more info!!

Just trying to help!

• summyd25
    summyd25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    anyone else in pain from the workouts? I did 2 days and I feel like i have been hit by a Mack truck. I think i'll skip day 3 to give my body time to recover and start again tomorrow.
  • bluglory135
    bluglory135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. the workouts are short but intense. I had to stop the workouts for a little while because of severe joint and muscle pain. I had to check with my doctor and get some meds. But I will be back in motion by Monday. Yay!!!
  • WendyMads
    Options
    ITs super hard, it takes some getting used to. Keep going, by the time you reach Yoga (WHich gives you a great easy stretch) you will feel better! It gets easier if you stay consistant. If you dont and you stop and start again, you will have sore muscles all the time and get discouraged
  • Calikat61
    Calikat61 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am very sore today after my first work out yesterday (Total Body Cardio Fix). Ibuprofen and Epsom salt baths help.