Petchiae on LCHF

Options
Pinklantana
Pinklantana Posts: 12 Member
I develop Petchiae on my stomach after a few weeks into LCHF diet. When I stop LCHF it goes away almost immediately. I feel great when I do this diet but this happening worries me. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've not noticed anymore than I'm used to, or he ones I have changing. I'd go see a Doc if you're worried.
  • Pinklantana
    Options
    Thank you Ivanfawcettgibson, I figured I'd get the ball rolling again and when it develops I'll call the Dr. I actually noticed from my diary it's about a 2 week period when they emerge. I'm still here and not feeling bad so can't be too serious I think. Thank you so much for taking the time for me. I do appreciate it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    In would thinking that they will eventually go away. The body tends to "clean house" after beginning LCHF, and almost anything can happen as a result! Seek medical attention if they become bothersome! Otherwise, hang in there!
  • Pinklantana
    Options
    Thank you karlotapp, my mother asked this question on Atkins site and they said maybe detoxing. They didn't bother me so I'm going to get back on the wagon. It was just unnerving to see them just appear overnight. They were just like tiny tiny speckled red dots on my stomach only. Not raised like a rash. Like the reddots you can get on your face after getting sick. After I Google it I was thinking somethings wrong but it's only clearly diet related so maybe detox or vitamins. Thank you for replying. All the support means alot.