Possibly Pregnant and Looking for Deviled Egg Recipes

Options
prairieprana
prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
Hello All!

My husband and I are trying to start a family (yay!) and my own personal rule is that until I see a negative pregnancy test combined with a monthly cycle I have been eating/drinking/living as though I am carrying (just to be safe).

So my ask of the group is do you have any clean-eating recipes for deviled eggs that don't contain bacon? I really love bacon and REALLY LOVE bacon in my deviled eggs but have been cutting back on my cured meat consumption which means I need to learn a whole new way of making these little devils :)

So with that in mind what's your go-to clean recipe for making deviled eggs sans cured meat?

Thanks and happy Saturday!

Replies

• nodanmelendez
    nodanmelendez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my Mom's recipe from years ago and I love it! It has no meat in it and is very simple and easy. You just take the yolks out of the eggs, mash them up with a bit of salt and pepper, if you like, mayo and the key, dry mustard. The more mustard you add the spicer they get. But, try them, they are yummy! I have made them with only ONE egg. Hope you like them too.
  • clbortiz
    clbortiz Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I mash the yolks and mix in mayo, yellow mustard, and a little pickle juice. Stuff the eggs and top with paprika.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mash yolks with sour cream. Add minced black olive. Stuff the eggs and enjoy! Instead of sour cream, you can use mayo or Greek yogurt, or if you are vegan, use vegan mayo.
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mash yolks with half mayo and half yogurt. Makes it healthier than all mayo. Add brown mustard. Top with paprika sprinkled on.
  • irishdame77
    irishdame77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mash the egg yolks with an avocado. I had salt, garlic and a little hot sauce. Then stuff the egg. All clean healthy eating.