Hello

Options
mzchevious
mzchevious Posts: 20 Member
Hi, I'm new to the group, I had RNY in 2005. SW was 300, today 209. I know this sounds like whining & I should be grateful for keeping it off but I'm so disappointed in myself for not getting to goal (145). I'm starting again, I also have PN so running and kickboxing (which I really wanted to do) are out. So it's the treadmill and strength when I can. Looking forward to "meeting" you, oh I'm on fitbit to so add me if you want Lynnalh68@gmail.com

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    "Goal" always gets people upset. Focus on all the other aspects of health. :)
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You know what to do --- now plan and execute. Congrats on the 100 pound loss by the way!! :smiley: That's awesome. Think about the other health benefits of why you want to do this also. I find that helps me sometimes. Pick up a 100 pound weight --- that's what you lost!! You so have this!!!
  • mzchevious
    Options
    Thank you both
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Have you tried B12 injections for your peripheral neuropathy? My neurologist told me that I'm unable to absorb enough B12 by mouth to fully support the amount needed by the central nervous system (even when serum levels are within normal limits). My feet don't hurt as long as I keep my injections up. Also, the feeling of sores in the mouth is a another sign of the need for B12.
  • mzchevious
    Options
    So far I'm not deficient so he doesn't think it will make a difference. I have been taking nyquil for a cold so stopped the gabapentin because I couldn't function. Regretting that decision. I'm very sorry for the late response
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the delayed response, because we all have lives to live! My surgeon didn't see the need for B12 injections either, since my lab values were within the "normal" range. It was describing the pain in my feet to my neurologist that got me the prescription. Neurologist says that the "normal" labs don't matter when the symptoms are showing a deficiency in the ability to support the central nervous system. This is how one can end up with neuropathy diagnoses, when a little B12 injection can potentially make all the difference.
  • mzchevious
    Options
    Ooooooo good to know, I'll bring that up @ my next visit
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WELCOME mzchevious!! Great bunch of folks on here! Hang in there with the PN. I struggle with gout in my feet, and the meds don't seem to help. Some days are definitely better than others, but you can do this!!
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Def try the B12 injections! Having had RNY, I am sure extra B12 will never be detrimental to you. I had VSG back in December and still more than halfway to goal (several month long or more stalls) so I am right there with you, scared I am never going to make it to "goal." My health has certainly improved but we all have that number in our heads! Feel free to add me, it is nice to have friends at all points in this journey.