Weekly Post 12.06. - 18.06.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
I think, I can see a very slow downward trend on my weight curve since I started tracking more regularly and more honestly again a few weeks ago. Also my fast days have been better and my non fast days closer to maintainance than they were for a long time. Mindset better, emotional status better.... Yay.

After a nice morning ride I had my first run this afternoon since mid May. Felt good and thanks to the walking I did the last few weeks, my stamina wasn't too bad. 4.5k in 32min with a mild incline and than a 2k brisk walk home with a kilo of fresh farmers strawberries ;-)

Next fast tomorrow, so onward and downward we go! :p

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Been busy house hunting and thesis completing (should get to submit next week). I've got 5 more pounds to go to get below 150 for my birthday on July 6th. Even went for my first ever run on Friday with the hubby. More like run walk run walk, but I broke my all time steps (16882) and miles (7.56)! I actually haven't weighed myself since before my kids half term holiday and don't plan on peeking until the weekend. Fingers crossed I'm still down.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Great job @flumi_f and @snaps27 !! I need to add in some exercise, too. I have new-found motivation since I just realized I am going to see family that I haven't seen in a year at the end of this month and this month is halfway through! Yikes!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wow...sounds like you guys are off to a great week. Way to go Flumi, Snaps, and Kate!!! I'm knee deep in ballet rehearsals! I've realized that when I start dreaming with music as my background, things are coming together. What started off as a hot mess is starting to gel. 4 more rehearsals to go!

Flumi, I'm going to follow your lead. I've been SOO unmotivated to track. My eating it kind of willy-nilly, very chaotic. My schedule is thrown off with school out. I need to hurry and create a new normal until the kids go back. I'm still exercising and fasting, but my non FD are scattered. I'm a planner, so this is uncomfortable for me. This morning I'll be able to plan my meals and get a little more organized. So this week, I'm committing to tracking and planning. It keeps me in my happy place ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hey Snaps! Way to go! We all start at a run walk run! Best way to go. You will make quick progress that way! Good luck on the house and the thesis too!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Well, I've discovered I have not had a proper FD since early April! Is this maintainence of some kind? I've gotten pretty good at watching my portions so I think I'll stick with not worrying about my foods for a while longer, I've also gotten pretty lazy so I'm justifying my lack of discipline! Does anyone do the 16-8 intermittent fasting?? That may suit me better now as I'm not really doing 5:2 like I was when I needed to lose weight. I'm once again considering purchasing a scale.... but a little scared of that so I may not... I'm curious though and would like to know my body fat percentage.

My mom is coming home from hospital on Friday!! She's doing so well with her recovery from her fall last month (May 10th)! She was in really good shape before her fall where she broke her hip, wrist, upper arm and shoulder, which has been so crucial to her recovery, and that, is proving to be a big lesson for me to continue exercising and eating right for my own future health! Cheers everyone :D
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I just officially submitted my PhD thesis. It is out of my hands now. Just have to wait for the Viva (examine) and I'll be done!! So happy. Have a great day everyone!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic reports Mama and Snaps! I was going strong on my second fast of the week yesterday but then was invited out to dinner. Nothing too crazy but I did share a bruschetta appetizer and had a (high calorie I'm sure) dinner salad and a glass of red wine. I will give it another go on Friday . . . :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen if you want to know your weight and fat percentage, but don't want to own a scale, you could go to your doctor or local hospital and I bet they would be able to help you out. Most hospitals here have a free wellness clinic once a week/month.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh geez just deleted my whole post!!

Kate, my annual appoint isn't till August but I'm never weighed there, but I could be this time... Made a big stink about it 15 yrs ago and my dr doesn't bother weighing me anymore.... I've been relatively within normal range give or take 30 lbs over the years, but it is getting the best of me....wondering... Even the hubs wants to know what he weighs! I just remember weighing myself everyday when in my 20's!!! Going crazy! I'm hoping since I'm older, that maybe the number on my pants is more important :# Now, there are new cool options on scales like body fat percentages...which interest me....Maybe I should reconsider this scale thing! Does anyone have one of these new fancy scales????? I'd love to know what you think about them and what kind you have..? Cheers :p
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I am a little proud of myself... actually it is clearly a miracle of God, both of my fast days this week turned into non-fast days, BUT I sucked it up and fasted the day after instead! Normally, if I blow my fast I just skip it, so this was a big achievement for me! :)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Unlike Kate (great achievement by the way), when two of my fast days turned into non-fast days I didn't fast the day after instead but considered them to be 'meh' low days at about 900 and 850 respectively. And next week is vacation with my family so I won't have any spectacular 500 calorie days but will be hopefully having a spectacularly fun time and not worrying about it. I do plan to wait as late into the day as is comfortable before eating and then focusing on healthy whole foods that I will shop for at the beginning of the week. And then I will be back at it the week following . . .
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Great job, Kate! Congrats on the Thesis, Snaps!

My fast days went bust this week and it's no ones fault but mine.... Oh well. Got some insight on were the self sabotaging of the last year has been coming from and what I need to do about it. Had a very interesting day at a family constellation seminar last saturday and then an accupressure massage for my scars on Tuesday. As always with this therapist, it wasn't just about the scars.... We looked at some other issues too. Since discovering my little devil and what it wants to show me, I feel better - physically and mentally. Have another sitting with here this week, but I already noticed my very slow bowel and too much gas, that have been giving me a bloated feeling for a while now, are much better! Yay! Thus even if I 'failed' my fasts, I feel better and it was a good week in many other ways. Oh yes, and I went for my second run yesterday since my scar correction at the end of may and it felt good!

Gonna go start a new weekly thread now...new week new chance!