Anybody having any weird fitbit issues?

Options
ryry_
ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
I just recently synced my fitbit (2 days ago maybe). The first day everything was fine then sometime later in the day yesterday it stopped syncing. Doing the math the calorie adjustment is about 700 calories off where it should be and I have no adjustment today.

Additionally, it did weird things yesterday like logging multiple summaries in fitbit to where I had over 6000 calories.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting with no success so far.

I would also add, even the day that seemed right, was still off. It looks like the last sync was at 11:22 PM, it never did the final accounting step for the day, which I thought happened.

Replies

• megwa2001
    megwa2001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Android fitbit app is not sync to fitbit server
  • ryry_
    Options
    Also, it appears that food data and excercise data from MFP is synching to fitbit. But fitbit's data and exercise adjustment is not syncing to MFP. I'm guessing mfp is behind or broken as usual.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    MFP stopped syncing my Fitbit data yesterday around 5:30 PM. No syncing since then, despite my Fitbit.com account being up to date.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not getting updates today either, which is frustrating me as it gets closer to dinnertime and I need to know how much I can eat. :disappointed:
  • HugoNL
    HugoNL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. MFP data shows in the Fitbit app but Fitbits calories burned are not synced to MFP app (or website) anymore since this morning (CET).
  • sunshine165
    sunshine165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same as HugoNL above - so very frustrating!
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Same issue here.
  • mwcontois
    mwcontois Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ride my motorcycle for 45 mins in the morning to work and somehow it registers 30 flights of stairs and over 2k steps. Motorcycling seems to be the easy way to fitness. I wish.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    mwcontois wrote: »
    Id ride my motorcycle for 45 mins in the morning to work and somehow it registers 30 flights of stairs and over 2k steps. Motorcycling seems to be the easy way to fitness. I wish.

You should log that time (in Fitbit) as "driving". That should eliminate the steps. There's an app called DriveBit, which I haven't tried, but that is supposed to make logging your driving time easier.
  • rachellwill
    rachellwill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here!Good to know it's not just my device...

I'm new to using a FitBit (only synced the accounts a few days ago) so it's all new - is this something that happens often..!? A big chunk of my daily exercise is walking/running...
  • pricesteve
    pricesteve Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    same issue here, not syncing exercises since Wednesday. Double counting steps in MFP on Monday... have disconnected and reconnected app a few times as that usually fixes it, but this time no luck and the occasional oa_auth error that would imply the fitbit server is being refused connection to the mfp server.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    ryry62685 wrote: »
    Also, it appears that food data and excercise data from MFP is synching to fitbit. But fitbit's data and exercise adjustment is not syncing to MFP. I'm guessing mfp is behind or broken as usual.

This is exactly what's happening with mine, so it does appear to be an MFP issue. I haven't had a proper synch since Wednesday.
  • megkatze
    megkatze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have all other fitbit data except for the calorie adjustment in MFP for yesterday. I hope that today it will sync :(
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The exact same issue is also happening for me. MFP last received data from Fitbit on Wednesday 6/15 at around 6 pm Eastern time. It's driving me crazy. Who do we report it to - MFP or Fitbit?

Yesterday, I manually added an exercise in MFP - that's supposed to force a sync. Fitbit picked up the fake exercise I manually added, and food data is coming over. (So it's not a problem with my accounts being linked improperly.) But no data is going the other direction - from Fitbit to MFP.

Edited to add: I just went over to MFP tech support to email a bug report. I saw another report from a Fitbit user plus one from a Garmin user. Sounds like Garmin is having the same problem with MFP, since the same time. So hopefully soon the MFP folks get whatever fixed they accidentally broke.
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same here, no exercise calories sync since Wednesday around 5 p.m., I've reinstalled Fitbit and MFP and revoked access to reboot and resynched, not yet working.
  • ryry_
    Options
    wmbrett wrote: »
    Same here, no exercise calories sync since Wednesday around 5 p.m., I've reinstalled Fitbit and MFP and revoked access to reboot and resynched, not yet working.

Same here. I'm guess there is a problem with MFP picking this up.
  • paulp123
    paulp123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here - frustrating!
  • Angierae75
    Options
    I fixed mine! In the iOS app, anyway - I went into More, then "steps" and I had to click on "Fitbit tracker". NO idea why, since it was working just fine before, but it added in today's steps, at least.
  • rachellwill
    rachellwill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine too! I'm on Android - a 'Steps' option has appeared in the menu that prompts you to select Fitbit Tracker. They must have done an update and not flagged the change to settings, maybe? Added the adjustment for today but it doesn't seem to have backdated for the last two days.
  • Angierae75
    Options
    Mine too! I'm on Android - a 'Steps' option has appeared in the menu that prompts you to select Fitbit Tracker. They must have done an update and not flagged the change to settings, maybe? Added the adjustment for today but it doesn't seem to have backdated for the last two days.

Yeah, mine didn't fix yesterday either, but I just went by my fitbit calories and made sure I didn't eat over.