Protein Powder?

prairieprana
prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious about whether or not any of you lovely ladies take any protein powders or supplements to meet your daily protein needs?

If you do, which ones did your doctor give you the go-ahead to use? (I don't use any but am curious about what everyone else does)

Thanks!

Replies

• QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have had a Pre-Natal Nutrionist recommend Hemp protein powder or adding chia seed.
  • prairieprana
    prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks QueenOSpades! I didn't even think of hemp protein being an option (I've been fixated and to be honest, uncomfortable, about whey and/or casein protein, but I struggle to get enough protein in a day)

I'll add that to my list of things to ask my doctor about :)
  • anupriyasin157
    anupriyasin157 Posts: 40 Member
    I have been advised Pro-DHA by my doctor. 30 grams powder has 10 grams of protein. to be taken twice daily with low fat milk
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Protein powder may not be a bad idea for me, either. I have GD so I have to watch the amount of sugar in them, though. I just need a way to easily get in more calories.
  • jam_fancy
    jam_fancy Posts: 2 Member
    I hate to say it never occurs to me that protein powder could be a problem! I drink shakes occassionally, the Trader Joe's powder. I try to get protein from food but I figure bring vegetarian I need a boost sometimes.
  • I like Natures Bounty protein.

www.naturesbounty.com/optimal-solutions

I use it for my smoothies or add it to fage plain Greek yogurt.
  • AMSchreiner
    AMSchreiner Posts: 4 Member
    I like Natures Bounty protein.

www.naturesbounty.com/optimal-solutions

I use it for my smoothies or add it to fage plain Greek yogurt.

I was using this before getting pregnant and plan to continue!
  • VirginieBarrette
    VirginieBarrette Posts: 34 Member
    That is one of my concern! I used to drink WHEY protein, it says on the label that i need to consult my OB in order to continue, I only see her in 3 weeks. And it doesn't really say that I should stop drinking it...?
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    I think most protein powders advise you to seek medical advice because there haven't been any long term studies on the impact on the fetus