Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting to get back to some serious/fun weight loss

Aesop101
Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
I'm 62 year old male. Been at this for a while but have fallen off the wagon since starting a new job. Quit smoke a while back and 41 days ago quit drinking diet drinks. I have to say I feel pretty darn good. Yet there's so much to do. I need lose around 140 lbs. So I hope to get and give inspiration. Thanks for having me.

Replies

• Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome to the group and lets do this!
  • lilthings1
    lilthings1 Posts: 46 Member
    I am not getting back to weight lose. I never had a problem weight, I was always skinny. I have been told I am unamerican, because I don't like pizza, ice cream or hotdogs. (It was a joke) I have never been a foodie. But candy is my down fall.
    About a yr ago I started to gain weight, now want to lose 30 lbs, and tighten up. I have been told the older u are the harder it is to lose. I am 66, so tough rd ahead.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    @lilthings1 candy is my downfall too and when I'm under stress bring me the chocolate. i do fine when it's not available but my husband is a supplier he always makes sure the goodie cupboard is stocked. He prefers me chunky so the weight loss thing has been hard on him. I just document everything and leave room for it. My friends will even joke if they see a day without it.
  • lilthings1
    2020pinktogo

Lol Walgreen drug store is a bad place. I had to get my Meds today, and that is where I USE TO buy all my candy. My Husband is the same way, a big snacker, but it is good it is summer, Husband snacks on watermelon. So no candy or chips in the house. But it will happen again I just have to be strong. I am eating lots of fruit and nuts.
  • lilthings1
    2020pinktogo
    How did you put my name at the top of your message here?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Press the @ then the name of who you are speaking to and the person gets a notification that they were mentioned.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    @lilthings1 Tah Dah ;)
  • lilthings1
    @2020pinktogo.
    Cool will have to remember that one. Thanks. :)
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    I can avoid the sweets fairly well, but if there are salty snacks (chips, Cheetos, etc.) then watch out!
  • Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    @bekim123 same for me. I can resist sweets but salty is what gets me down which is weird. Before I started dieting and working out, I was always bitching about stuff too salty and sweets were my downfall. Now it is the complete opposite. I have went over my sodium intake budget almost every day since I started this journey.