Clean Eating

Options
Ajourneysmom
Ajourneysmom Posts: 2 Member
Can anyone help me, start eating clean. I have no clue where to start, what to buy etc

Replies

• gridironmom
    gridironmom Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I started with smoothies and salads. Fruits and vegetables in a blender can actually taste pretty good! LOL Have only been at this for about 3 weeks but it's going well so far. :) I just try to stay away from any packaged foods and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. I also eat rice, beans, and occasionally some meat. I'm trying to do plant based but not true vegetarian/vegan. Hope that helps a bit.
  • Mitramonday
    Mitramonday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would also do your best to stay clear of meat and dairy - and not just because of the animal rights issues! All the chemicals that are fed to the animals to boost their production and keep them 'healthy' (?) find their way into our own bodies, whatever processes the meat/dairy goes through after their death. Obviously, it's your choice as to how clean you want your diet to be but I would suggest doing some research into non-vegetable food stuffs - it doesn't make for pretty reading! I'm Nutri-blasting two meals a day and make some pretty delicious blasts with just loads of greens, a bit of fruit for sweetness, something to 'bulk' it up (e.g. rolled oats/flax seeds/nuts) and non-dairy milk/coconut water for liquid. Good luck with your journey!
  • Charlasek
    Charlasek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the clean eating group! I do my best to avoid processed foods but indulge once in a while. My food diary is open; feel free to check it out. Maybe you'll get some ideas... Glad you're here!
  • mzangie77
    mzangie77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just joined excited!!!
  • kovacsk
    kovacsk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The rules are realy simple but to follow them every day, is harder ;)
    Just set up you calorie limit a day and add additional limits for your daily Protein (30%), Carb(55%), Fat(15%) intake.
    Of course sugar, sweets, white meal and some more must be excluded...
    If you need more help just let me know or even you can start check my nutrition on MyFitnessPal...
    I started doing the trainig in the right way with a proper nutrition since 2 months and the result is amazing (I think thanks 70% for the right nutrition)!!! My weight remains the same but the fat started disappearing visibly. The mirror gives the best feedback ;)
  • asiyashaikh19
    asiyashaikh19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh....so staying away from packaged stuff constitutes eating clean? With the exception of a soda twice or thrice a month, I guess I've been eating clean for months now. Maybe even nearing a whole year. Yay!!!
    * Patting myself on the back*
  • cinderella_17
    cinderella_17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there been on this eat clean /off since I discover Tosca Reno few years back and today this realize I need to do this would love to join the group if that o.k ,I been here since June a newbie join in Jan but never log after Thanks
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would also do your best to stay clear of meat and dairy - and not just because of the animal rights issues! All the chemicals that are fed to the animals to boost their production and keep them 'healthy' (?) find their way into our own bodies, whatever processes the meat/dairy goes through after their death. Obviously, it's your choice as to how clean you want your diet to be but I would suggest doing some research into non-vegetable food stuffs - it doesn't make for pretty reading! I'm Nutri-blasting two meals a day and make some pretty delicious blasts with just loads of greens, a bit of fruit for sweetness, something to 'bulk' it up (e.g. rolled oats/flax seeds/nuts) and non-dairy milk/coconut water for liquid. Good luck with your journey!

I've been getting more of my meat from stores like Whole Foods or The Fresh Market which sell more organic meat and "wild caught" seafood. Our major Grocery Chain in the Maryland area "Giant" also has a store brand of organic foods called "Nature's Promise" that simply tastes better than the chemically enhanced foods @Mitramonday mentions in her post. If you're looking for a specific way to eat, try the Mediterranean Diet or the DASH Diet.
  • rgeert
    rgeert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but have been 'eating clean' as much as possible for a few years following Tosca Reno's suggestions. About a month ago I followed Dr. Sara Gottfried's Hormone Detox. Through the phases of food elimination and reentry, I've discovered that SUGAR and GRAIN make me feel bad - joint and muscle aches, general fatigue. I've cut way back on caffeine as well. My typical breakfast is a shake with 2 cups of raw/slightly steamed veggies - spinach, kale, yellow squash, zucchini, or broccoli; cashew, almond, or coconut milk; avocado or coconut oil; 2 scoops Reset 360 protein powder (vegan), and a scoop of fiber. Occasionally I'll add 2 or 3 strawberries. Lunch is either another shake or a salad with lots of veggies and 3 - 4 oz of clean protein like lean meat, chicken, fish, or eggs, and maybe some beans, often nuts or seeds. Dinner is lean protein and steamed or sauteed veggies. Best part? My husband and father can eat the same dinner foods! Worst part? Prepping fresh veggies! Solution - I prepare salad-in-a-jars on Sunday evenings for lunch the next 3 or 4 days. Saves on nightly lunch prep. Experiment with new vegetables and/or fruit - lots of recipes out there. Have fun seeking out new things to try.
  • barby001
    barby001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, i try to eat less than 1,200 a day. I love very sweet fruits like pineapples, mangoes, watermelon. I hope these fruits do not jeopardize my weight loss goal and clean eating.