So here's N interesting development

Options
I've been in pain to varying degrees for two weeks. I'd like to say it was something I ate, but I have no idea anymore. SO, I've also have a weird burning sensation on my left side near the drainage scar and pseudo cyst. The doctor today said, they'll take another ct scan to see if it's growing again. Then, finally, a more permanent solution to draining it is sewing 'it' to my stomach. I guess I should have asked what 'it' was, but I think she meant the pancreas. I'll know more after the CTscan. Maybe, finally, my life will be 'normal' again if this goes through. BIg decision to make.

Replies

• wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oy, Judy. You've really had such a difficult time. I do hope things get better soon. You must be pretty fed up by now.

When will they do the scan?

I'll be thinking about you.
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'll have the scan sometime this week or next. I've done some research. The 'it' is the pancreas duct to the small intestine. If it means no more 'collections' or pain, I think it should be an easy decision. Have to weigh the risks of course.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Praying you have wisdom.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    More research says that 90% of patients who have this procedure, have no more pain from pancreatitis.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That statistic is encouraging. Keep us posted on the test results.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just reading this now! I hope they can resolve it for you!! Sounds like if this works it will be so much better
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Nothing has been discussed yet, pending scans and exploring other options. W