Overwatch

Options
Jadinsedai
Jadinsedai Posts: 7 Member
My love of TF2 kind of made this game an obvious choice. Been playing it nonstop from release onward. (well… half an hour after release since, true to battle.net fashion the servers didn’t work right away.)

The most fun I’ve had since I found LOL (before I released almost everyone on there was mean)

Anyone else playing? And who’s your favorite character to play?

I’m a Mercy. I suck at aiming so I just heal all day every day.

Replies

• geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My husband bought it for me for my birthday, but I haven't really played it yet. Might try this weekend. I thought I would like Widowmaker because I got decently good at sniping in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, but when I tried during the open beta I wasn't very good at it. Might try Mercy or another healer since that's what I gravitated towards in WoW and even Smite.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I want to play it. A friend of ours has been playing it and tried to get us to rent it. I said no that is a waste of money because of our slow internet we're paying a bunch of money to download it for a few days and then play it one day and return? No thanks. But I don't think we should buy it right now because we need to conserve money for our wedding.
  • roltontc
    roltontc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anybody playing on pc want to add me, feel free. Rolton #1398
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Jadinsedai wrote: »
    My love of TF2 kind of made this game an obvious choice. Been playing it nonstop from release onward. (well… half an hour after release since, true to battle.net fashion the servers didn’t work right away.)

The most fun I’ve had since I found LOL (before I released almost everyone on there was mean)

Anyone else playing? And who’s your favorite character to play?

I’m a Mercy. I suck at aiming so I just heal all day every day.

Roommate bought it for the XB1. I've played it for a bit and find it entertaining but I personally don't think it's worth 60$. I too suck at aiming so I tend to play classes that don't require much of that. XD

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I got decently good at sniping in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer

ME3 Multiplayer was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. I still play it from time to time. Really looking forward to Andromeda.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've been playing on pc. My favorites are hanzo and roadhog, but I also often play mercy, pharrah, junkrat, and tracer. There's really not any character I hate playing. I guess that's a good thing because I seem to get stuck on teams where people refuse to counterpick and instead just bash their head against the impenetrable defenses of the other team until time is up.

A few nights ago my friend and I faced an entire team of Winstons. Nobody would switch their characters on our team and we just got destroyed until both me and my friend switched to reaper and completely shut them down. Thr funny thing is during round 2 the other team decided to try their all 1 character thing again with roadhogs, but reaper still owns him too so my friend and I were able to clean up and get like 30-40 kills a piece.

Fun game, I just wish people had a better sense of team composition and counter picking.
  • MikeWanzuk
    MikeWanzuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been playing on PC as well and I've found that Mei is the character I play most (13-14 hours) compared to the (2-3) on any other character. I can play any role other than healer which I am only half decent with.

My stats: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/PapaJohn-11272

People on PC are welcome to add me as well: PapaJohn#11272
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love Junkrat and Roadhog. I started out with Junkrat because I'm horrible at aiming, but I'm trying to improve that by playing Roadhog and getting better with his hook combo. I'm definitely guilty of picking a character and just staying with it til the end of the match even if the enemy team switches around...hehe.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I play! I haven't played for long, and I'm still improving, but I like Mercy, Soldier 76, and Tracer.
  • ladyraiah
    ladyraiah Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've started playing recently. I actually got a pretty awesome play of the game on Reaper, it made my night. But I think I play Torbjorn, Tracer, Mercy, and Soldier 76 the most. I'm really really bad at Pharah.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hey, cool. Really enjoying Overwatch. I usually play support (Mercy or Lucio). Or Soldier 76 (because he's very straightforward, no new skills needed), if by very rare chance those are already covered. Or Bastion, who is fantastic at vs. bot matches, but not so good against real people.

I thought this was helpful, as a reference to what's going on in the competitive scene:
    ?format=1500w

This is the source:
    planetoverwatch.org/
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I played the beta, but can't get into any games that don't have a campaign mode.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like it when I want something kind of mindless to do. I've been trying to mop up some of the achievements when I can. I just got the one for trapping 5 people in Zarya's gravity surge