Fruit to avoid?

Options
pdxhak
pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
Hi - looking for a list of fruit to avoid or more importantly to eat on a low/no carb diet.

Replies

• cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll have strawberries and raspberries, sometimes with Cool Whip.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Just about everything but berries, really. Although I enjoy the occasional apple and tomato.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Stick to berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries), as they are the lowest in carbs. Your choices depend on the carb grams you are trying to stick to. Some higher carb folks can work in half a banana, an Apple, or orange. The highest carb count of the fruits I used to eat is pineapple.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Popping back in to add: when I DO eat apples, I eat granny smith apples only. They just happen to be my favorite, but a smallish one tends to be around 10 net carbs. I shape my day around it when I'm craving apples.
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Really depends on how many carbs you are allowing yourself. I only eat tomatoes and avocados. I might do berries on a special occasion - they do add up so check nutritional value.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I only eat tomatoes now as fruit. They seem so much sweeter now!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I do berries, and today I made some watermelon fit. It's mostly water per gram so you can eat more of it than I thought initially.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any sweet fruits, but I like avocadoes, olives, and coconut (flakes in hwc, omg).
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist suggested to not eat more than 1 to 2 pieces of fruit a day, if I insisted on eating fruit at all. Berries do have the highest level of fibre compared to sugar so if I eat fruit it will be raspberries or blackberries. Having said that if a fave fruit is in season I will have a little. I love cherries!!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The only fruit I have are avocados, raspberries, blackberries and occasionally strawberries. You will want to go for the ones lowest in sugar and highest in fiber.

Use whichever food pyramid fits your macros:

One: http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/image.axd?picture=/2015/11/KetogenicFoodPyramid_highres.jpg

Two: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/36/92/a736927e5cd3304addf728a08481fe67.jpg