Exercise

Options
jacobsen_tj
jacobsen_tj Posts: 1 Member
Exercise, I hate it. Only exercise I can get motivated to do is walk on the treadmill while gaming. Witcher 3 while I walk has helped a lot.

Replies

• ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When I was going to the gym/ afforded it I would listen to podcasts during that time, 30min to 1 hr and leave and shower before my girlfriend got off work. It's a hard commitment that wouldn't yield any noticeable results physically for 2-3 weeks at least. After a few days you will wake up better, have more energy, and just that extra pep in your step knowing what you're doing is for a better cause. Stick with it buddy, depending if you want muscle do what I would do when I was raiding on wow or death in some game I would do 10-20 quick push-ups, or weights. Make exercising a game if it helps, I know it helped me.
  • Naedddd
    Naedddd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently started Stronglifts and it's the first program that stuck with me. It's really simple and I'm in and out of the gym in no time. Also it's really cool that I've progressed to the point that I can deadlift my body weight and I can nearly squat it.
  • RedLetterDay0
    RedLetterDay0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike while playing xbox. When I was more diligent in my routine I could knock out an hour work out with out batting an eye. You have to be honest with yourself and actually push yourself though. It can be easy to just mope along. Don't kid yourself with fake crappy work outs.
  • sixtycakes
    sixtycakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts is pretty cool. I think any of those starting programs that use linear progression are great for increasing your base metabolic rate and getting stronger. Just make sure you're doing the lifts correctly so you aren't damaging your spine! I herniated a disk before I learned better. I rarely go to the gym anymore but, when I do, I still start with compound lifts then throw in some accessory lifts for hypertrophy.

For staying on track I've found that setting goals for yourself and training with a group works best. I take circus and parkour classes every week which keeps me motivated and pulls me back in when I start slacking with exercise & diet. Trying to do a workout when you're hungover and eating like *kitten* can be both embarrassing and an eye opener.