What FitBit to buy

Options
JosephJBroni
JosephJBroni Posts: 7 Member
Before actually doing any work I'm going to try to buy my way out of this pudge. Any FitBit recos out there?

Replies

• Ardic
    Ardic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for the Alta for the "get up and move" reminders + sleep tracking. Honestly though, the best one is the one you'll actually wear every day or color and look might be more important than features.

Jawbone's UP is the simplest. Just looks like a bracelet and uses a companion app on your phone to show all your stats, which is real good.
  • vyabsley
    vyabsley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been very tempted to get one for the sleep tracking (more accurate than random iPhone apps I'm sure) but my problem is that, even with all the data in the world of how well I sleep vs what I eat and how much I walk... I don't actually know what to do with any of that information. Are there any good apps that can read all that HealthKit data and then offer useful suggestions to improve sleep etc.
  • Zwergner
    Zwergner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and largely ignore the step count. I have tried to get into walking more but it seems like every time I go "hey I walked a lot today, how'd I do?" it's terrible. I've been trying to get into weightlifting and rowing instead.

However, I do really like my Charge HR because measuring your resting heart rate is a good indicator of fitness. So IMO at least get a version with the heart rate monitoring. Auto-sleep tracking is neat but I hardly ever look at it.

I also have the Aria scale that auto-records my shame, which is cool.
  • PatrickMcCarron
    PatrickMcCarron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I may have an old FitBit you can have Dave, I'll look for it this week and let you know. I use the Apple Watch now.

Otherwise their new watch-like devices are super popular.
  • sixtycakes
    sixtycakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I typically don't like wearing watches but I like the smaller feel of the charge hr. The Alta looks cool too but I haven't tried that one.

+1 for the Aria scale. I'm too lazy to log my weight manually so it's nice to just step on that everyday and have it recorded.
  • PatrickMcCarron
    PatrickMcCarron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    +1 to Aria Scale or Withings Scales. Work great and very consistent.
  • lculpin
    lculpin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my withings scale, t's accurate and datalogs my weight changes for me (plus I get graphs and charts.... who doesn't like graphs and charts???)
  • andrewlamothe
    andrewlamothe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any would really work, they all connect to myfitnesspal so they'll all automatically deduct your calories from walking/running. I like the FitBit One because it just clips to my inside pocket and I don't need to worry about it. It's also slightly more accurate due to it not miscounting your arm movement as steps.
  • nebulust
    nebulust Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the Charge HR for the heart rate tracking and disabled everything on the watches display except for time, steps, and HR (everything else is still viewable in the app). I have also been using the Aria scale for about a week and the no-lying syncing is a nice, if not lazy, feature.
  • d3adpoo1
    d3adpoo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the surge and enjoy it. The only two problems I have is it never gives me an accurate count of floors i've climbed and my heartrate.
  • JosephJBroni
    JosephJBroni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ended up ordering the Aria, I'll report back with how it goes. Thanks all!
  • somekindarobot
    somekindarobot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit blaze and really love it, I've had it since March. At $200 it's a bit pricey though. Like others have said the Alta is probably best buy for the moneymoney.
  • Vtgamer
    Vtgamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Got an aria 8 months ago and like it alot. It ties into MFP well to give you those sweet data points. And we'll even if I have not lost all the weight I wanted to over that time if I log my food i can look at how things are going and see where and why it goes up and down.