Like Minded Lushes - June 2016

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    yep no zero here. I felt better so I celebrated.

Kim, I agree that FL is too flat. I need terrain. I am limited on where we can retire. I can't breath in dry climates and Doug hates the heat and I want to be on the same coast as my grandkids. So I think we are staying in this state. We will probably move toward the south end though.

Good job Kate. and I love all the trails in Maui.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yeah FL is flat for sure. I want zero winter, but I am going to miss fall!!!
    We have a tandem and love it. We have only been out 2x's so far, the tides are so drastic here that is hard to time a good time. I like to get out first thing in the morning, it's cooler and less windy, in the afternoon the wind and surf picks up! Have an awesome time!! We are planning on getting out Saturday morning, tides look good!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- the Olympia area is a great place to retire to!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So....my 90 day probation period (at work) ended today and I just had a meeting with my boss....and I was supposed to get a $.50 raise...she talked to the owners/president and got me a $2 raise....I might need to "celebrate" tonight??!!!! That zero might go out the window...we shall see!!! :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Congrats Kate. That is always good. I had an epic fail last night. Fried chicken and a bottle of wine. :noway:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes! I'm back from Chi Town and had a great time. The weather was perfect...70s-80s...lots and lots of walking exploring the city so hopefully that helped keep some of the vacation pounds from creeping on. Didn't eat too horribly and drank like a lush. :drinker:
    Back to reality. Got a long weekend trip over the 4th but look forward to settling at home and getting back on track.
  • kblue2007
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Welcome home Sydney!! Glad you had a great time!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-CELEBRATION-1 pear and sake martini, 4oz sake, and a glass of wine back at the house.....not too bad??!!!
    Wednesday-back to zeros!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    I had an epic fail last night. Fried chicken and a bottle of wine. :noway:

Kind of my norm.

A miracle happened last night I poured a glass of red and then put it back in the bottle.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    kblue2007 wrote: »
    she talked to the owners/president and got me a $2 raise....I might need to "celebrate" tonight??!!!! That zero might go out the window...we shall see!!! :bigsmile:

SWEEEEEEEET!!

• nisijam5
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Hi lushes! I'm back from Chi Town and had a great time

Where did you go? What did you eat? Do tell....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes! Still lushing it up pretty consistently. And Chicago has been beautiful this month and I am loving it! I wish I could live somewhere that it was like this year round. Maybe a month of fall and snow on Christmas and I'd be good!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes! It's been a while. I have been very lushy and have not been logging food or drinks consistently and it is time I get back to being accountable.
    M - wine
    T - wine
    W - wine
    Th - I ran out of wine, so maybe whiskey and a trip to the package store.
    F - ??

Glad to see everybody lushing along.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-3
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-gonna be another 0!!!

I have been doing terrible this week with my workouts, but aside from Tuesday, my caloric intake has been good!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Finally starting to get on track again, I'm having a hard time staying focused.

M- lots of rum with mom
    T-0
    W-0
    Th-no drinking tonight
    F-celebrating Hubs birthday so drinks for sure.
  • rjadams
    Options
    not much to tell. other than I booked a trip to Ireland and London for me and Holly in October.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Kate - congrats on the awesome raise!!
    Sydney - welcome back-I love Chicago, we went there last summer :)
    Robin - sweet! Ireland is on my "someday" wish list as it should be for any proper lush!!

I had "planned" on being a lot less lushy since we got back from Vegas but it just hasn't happened...

So, funny thing yesterday - my 23-year-old daughter called me to ask if white wine goes bad after it's been open and in the fridge...I was really confused because what? People have wine left over?? :p:D
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Still recovering from the trip. We stayed on the Magnificent Mile with a view of the lake. Spent a day at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs win. My husband has fond memories of going there as a child with his dad, so going back with his own son was emotional for him. Perfect way to spend father's day weekend. We walked a ton..river walk, saw the bean, navy pier. Was going to do the Sears Tower skywalk but the wait was horrible. We also rented a car for a day and drove to the husband's childhood homes in Park Ridge and Lincolnshire. Both the son and I had never seen that part of his life and we really enjoyed it.
    I finished up my SIL's move from hell yesterday. Attended a graduation on Tuesday. I need a weekend of nothing. I'm exhausted.
    Robin, your trip sounds amazing!
    Hi Wolfie! <3
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    ALOHA FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-3
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-already logged a margarita and a glass of wine. Gonna take it easy tonight. Planning on being on the water by 7:30-8am, so drinks need to be limited this evening!
    After kayaking, we will probably collect some rock and water so Lenny can do a water change in his tank, while I prep for a day of cooking. At some point we will run out, grab a beer and fill up our "earned" free growler. Then back to cooking, hanging out and drinking.
    Sunday, we are planning to head to the beach in the morning, then whatever for the rest of the day.
    I am looking forward to this weekend!!!!
    Have a great one!!!
    xo
  • nisijam5
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Still recovering from the trip. We stayed on the Magnificent Mile with a view of the lake. Spent a day at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs win. My husband has fond memories of going there as a child with his dad, so going back with his own son was emotional for him. Perfect way to spend father's day weekend. We walked a ton..river walk, saw the bean, navy pier. Was going to do the Sears Tower skywalk but the wait was horrible. We also rented a car for a day and drove to the husband's childhood homes in Park Ridge and Lincolnshire. Both the son and I had never seen that part of his life and we really enjoyed it.
    I finished up my SIL's move from hell yesterday. Attended a graduation on Tuesday. I need a weekend of nothing. I'm exhausted.
    Robin, your trip sounds amazing!
    Hi Wolfie! <3
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:

What a great weekend!! My parents also live in Park Ridge off of Talcott near the high school. Did he go to Maine East? Wrigley is so much fun. The energy is great. You did more than I do when I go. LOL

I rode my bike to the liquor store and almost died.

Robin, that sounds like a fabulous trip. I've always wanted an Ireland trip. Hmmmm, wonder how the euro will compare to the American $$$. Hope it's good.

• rjadams
    Options
    HI gang. Moderately lushy weekend. Holly will be here today so mostly cleaning the house and such. The weather is awesome right now so I see a lot of evening walks with my daughter and the dogs. Less time for drinking.

Syd the trip sounded great. Chicago has a lot to offer.
    Amy too funny. Can wine go bad? It is never around long enough to find out.
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    I rode my bike to the liquor store and almost died.
    Kim you make us lushes proud.
    Kate your life in Maui sounds so nice. :mrgreen: