Officially declaring today as my "*kitten* it" day

Options
vyabsley
vyabsley Posts: 8 Member
The UK is pretty bleak today so this will be my cheat day where I don't count calories and just eat whatever I want. I promise I'll get back on form on Monday!

Replies

• KirbyMLG
    KirbyMLG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've read (I don't remember where, please don't ask for a source!) that cheat days actually help people stay on track with their diets because it gives people something to look forward to after putting in all that hard work.

Just as long as the cheat day doesn't turn into a cheat week, then a cheat month... And so on you get the point I'm making lol.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    In actual most guides to losing weight a cheat day is common. The biggest think I would say if trying to lose it is that you cheat but also be concious of what your doing. Atleast until you have diciplined yourself.
  • sixtycakes
    sixtycakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are great for your own mental health and it increases a hormone in your body called leptin which helps you feel fuller. Most people do a cheat day once a week and if you're already on the skinnier side you can do it twice a week because your leptin levels decrease faster.

Good luck over there in the UK (WORLD WIDE). If Trump is elected we can all move to Canada. I hear they make games in Montreal.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well before Vivendi buys them all.
  • vyabsley
    Options
    Turned out to be a cheat weekend. Whoops! At least I only promised to return to form on Monday so here I am!
  • Variant3
    Variant3 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Same. Two birthdays and a graduation kind of ruined this weekend for eating healthy. We just gotta get back on the horse.
  • vyabsley
    Options
    I'll be travelling to London this Sunday for an exam which might be worrisome, but luckily for my waistline (and bad for my happiness) the Haagen Dazs ice cream restaurant recently shut down.