Week one challenges

Options

Replies

• Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @iheartcookies2 Don't even get me started on Pringles. Back in the day I'd happily chug back a whole tube in one sitting, yikes! I'm mortified looking back, but it's really easy to do... More conscious these days thankfully.

@Jaeek That's a very good point! Hopefully there won't be anymore Zumba in the future as I'm not sure my attempt could even be classed as exercise (more like sheepishly trying to follow suit).
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    @iheartcookies2 Don't even get me started on Pringles. Back in the day I'd happily chug back a whole tube in one sitting, yikes! I'm mortified looking back, but it's really easy to do... More conscious these days thankfully.

@Jaeek That's a very good point! Hopefully there won't be anymore Zumba in the future as I'm not sure my attempt could even be classed as exercise (more like sheepishly trying to follow suit).

@Meowler I'm not sure whether I should count those minutes, cause I was just tripping on my own feet when I did the first 4 zumba videos. :D
  • BirdParrott
    BirdParrott Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hate Zumba! I HATE Zumba! This is absolutely the worst challenge I could possibly imagine and I don't want to do it.
  • BirdParrott
    Options
    Please for the love of exercise, never have me do Zumba again!
  • BirdParrott
    Options
    Just in case you did know...
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Clarice, it should also be pointed out to those who are new to these challenges that the time spent doing the Zumba videos also counts towards their exercise minutes.

This equates to an additional 23 minutes (22:45 rounded up) of time for our trip to Miami!!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, im still without my laptop, can someone please enter 35 minutes for me for today? Thanks!!

My daughter fitbit and walked home after school today instead of going to the babysitter, so I got some extra biking in heading home to find her :wink:
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    All Zumba done. I love Zumba, but didn't love these. I'll stick with my Wii Zumba and other videos I've done before. I've been doing the water, and plan to post those 5 once Sunday comes. I set all the requests. In addition to these I am working on a challenge doing planks, side planks, crunches, bicycles and more. I ad lib it a bit because it starts too easy so I've upped the beginning days until it catches up to where I am.
  • BirdParrott
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I'm sorry, im still without my laptop, can someone please enter 35 minutes for me for today? Thanks!!

My daughter fitbit and walked home after school today instead of going to the babysitter, so I got some extra biking in heading home to find her :wink:

Done!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I logged my minutes from yesterday. And I'll complete 60 minutes today with my evening walk after work. I was going to check if anyone would be able to enter my minutes for me while I'm on vacation if I post them or message someone? I'm not sure I'll have access to the group message boards. @highlandshoppa I see you post reminders about getting our exercise in. If I reply to you with my minutes could you add them for me to the spreadsheet Friday through next Saturday, July 2nd? I'm going out of state on vacation and not sure if they will have internet at the house we are renting. But, I'll have my phone I can use to check in daily still.
    Hopefully we'll get to Miami by the end of the day. =) I'll be on the beach for real by this Saturday. Really looking forward to this vacation and also planning lots of walking.

Sorry for late response Yes, I'll enter your exercise minutes. :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    @Meowler I ate Pringles tonight. :D Now the tube is staring at me calling my name :bigsmile:

They make small tube of Pringles which is supposed to be 2.5 servings (in who's world???) and you can eat all of those and be only around 300 calories. I'll do that occasionally with the BBQ flavor ones.
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Has anybody contacted @fieldnicole184 ? I see that she has 30 min and 20 min of walking on her posts.
  • iheartcookies2
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Meowler I ate Pringles tonight. :D Now the tube is staring at me calling my name :bigsmile:

They make small tube of Pringles which is supposed to be 2.5 servings (in who's world???) and you can eat all of those and be only around 300 calories. I'll do that occasionally with the BBQ flavor ones.
    I don't think they sell those in Sweden. I don't like chips otherwise but there is something special with the Pringles. 30 g is 152 calories and I always log first the amount that fits into my daily calories and then weigh it. My new addiction is protein pudding chocolate taste. Tastes like a real chocolate pudding but only 144 calories and 20 g of protein per serving.
  • BirdParrott
    Options
    Has anybody contacted @fieldnicole184 ? I see that she has 30 min and 20 min of walking on her posts.

I sent another friend request to her and let her know if she needed anything I'd be happy to help.
  • iheartcookies2
    Options
    I put in my minutes for today, and points for Zumba and water challenge. My 4 yo daughter did the two last Zumba videos with me and she liked it so we did 3 more just for fun. :D
  • Meowler
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Great to hear you and your daughter enjoyed the zumba @iheartcookies2! Just wish I had the coordination for it, then maybe I'd enjoy it a bit more. :)

Slow workout day for me. Felt quite sluggish and didn't get around to doing exercise until much later than usual. Opted to stay home and worked on a couple of low intensity cardio workouts from FitnessBlender for 40 minutes - I made a playlist here. I've had problems with weight loss this week so trying to find the right balance - need to add more strength videos for the weekend.

On a positive note I've managed my water intake for today so the Bottoms Up challenge is complete, yippee!

Also I think we should give ourselves an awesome team name to reflect how well we've done thus far! How about The Flying High Fives or does anyone else have a suggestion? :smiley:
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @Meowler Great team name... suggest a hyphen for High-Fives, though, otherwise might have a different connotation. :D
  • Meowler
    Options
    @rusgolden Oh dear, totally innocent mistake on my part and didn't catch on to that. I stand corrected with The Flying High-Fives, haha! :D
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been talking much on here :/ Classes are killing me this semester. One good thing is one class is a P.E. class for Elementary Ed. majors so we are learning how to teach P.E. by being the "kids"! Such a fun way to exercise! :) I did fail big time on the water challenge though :( Sorry! I just have a really hard time getting to 90 oz. every day. Right now I am at about 50 - 60 per day. Anyways... I am still logging and here, just quiet!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I completed the water challenge. I usually drink a lot, so it wasn't too hard. Last night I drank too much after zumba and was up all night!

I'm hoping week we have a good challenge. I'm still snacking way to much!!
  • iheartcookies2
    Options
    @Meowler Thank you for sharing the playlist. I will definitely try the workout for better posture. I was looking for a good stretch routine for shoulders.
    I had a slow day today when it came to workout. Too much to do at home, so I only had the time to do my usual routine stationary bike/stretching before my 4 yo woke up.