Help please

Options
LadyClaire86
LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
I'm 1 week into my diet. I'm craving to have a snake. In my kitchen cabinets is muffins crisps and I'm craving a Cadburys caremel bad. It's also PMT time (TMI sorry) I really don't wanna snake tho. I've done my food diary 4 the day.

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know that when I eat enough fruits and vegetables, my cravings at that time of the month go wayyyyyyy down. Would it help to focus on getting all the nutrition you need rather than thinking about what you are truing to restrict yourself from? For me, enough fruits and vegetables means 1-2 servings of fresh fruit and 8-10 servings of vegetables in a day. That is a huge volume of food, and it can make eating seem like a chore rather than a pleasure. But all those valuable vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals work their way into my system, it makes cravings so much more manageable.

I wish this stuff were easier. If you do give in to emotional eating or monthly cravings, be kind to yourself about it. Try to look at it as a learning experience rather than a failure.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hang I mm there
  • motormouse81
    motormouse81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've found something recently that helps me with my mid-afternoon cravings. Nature's Way Super Greens Powder. I mix one teaspoon with a glass of water two times over. It gives me a boost and it gives me something to drink over a period of time that's not just water, it has a tropical fruit taste to it so it's easy to turn into a routine. I tried an organic super green powder once but because of the taste, it lasted all of three days
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    LadyClou wrote: »
    I'm 1 week into my diet. I'm craving to have a snake. In my kitchen cabinets is muffins crisps and I'm craving a Cadburys caremel bad. It's also PMT time (TMI sorry) I really don't wanna snake tho. I've done my food diary 4 the day.

Have you tried chewing gum, cinnamon or something that is a healthy sweet like fruit?