New to Groups. Looks like I chose a good one.

Options
FitMeBetter
FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
Hello,
I joined MFP a while back, but have never participated in a group. As I was reading some of the posts, I kept thinking, That's Me! I would read another one and say, That's Me, Too! Suffice it to say, I believe many of us share the same struggles.
I am 51, 5'2" and need to lose 30-35 lbs. I lost 17 last year, and gained them all back, plus tax.
I'm married, have three adult children and currently care for my parents full-time.
Looking for friends who would like to walk with me on this journey. (You'll notice I didn't say run! Lol!)

Replies

• mick102760
    mick102760 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :) 5'3" and 55 started wanting to lose over 30 lb. 20 of which i gained in a year and a half on med. Now I have about 21 to go before i jump for joy but I have a feeling some of what I'm losing may come back because i always stall out. I have 2 adult boys and care for 32 special people not including my husband and 2 dogs ...oh and my bird. I almost just gave in and felt like ...I'm 55 to busy and who cares what i look like...thought i was gaining wieght got on the scale and low and behold 5lb. Were gone! On top of the 5 or 6 i lost before. Could it be true!? I checked on 2 different scales! And just like that...I'm back. I hate working out but i will if i have to. Weather permitting I'd rather garden for my excersize. I agree with you...alot of us are having the same challenges ...kind of comforting :) any way ...nice to meet you!
  • Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 56, 5'4" and starting my journey to lose 30 lbs. I am an empty-nester with three grown children. I really have no idea what I'm doing here (when it comes to losing weight) and I believe that's why losing weight has never "stuck" for me and/or I've always gone back to my old bad (but comfortable) habits. Just last Saturday I cleared out all things junk food out of my pantry, went to Whole Foods and bought a bunch of fresh, organic fruits and veggies. I figured this was as good a place as any to start! Now if I can just get this exercise thing down......

Wishing you a beautiful day!
    ~*Journey*~
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi hi I'm aboutready to try to do better at eating like cleaning so I just want to say hi I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm doing it 1 pound at a time
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi lindasain. Welcome.
    Feel free to add me.
  • vicabra
    vicabra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was doing so well this past year, and fell off the wagon. I am focusing on getting back on track and taking it one day at a time. I have done this once before, and know I can do it again! Feel free to add me.
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just found this group and figured I'd join in with you all.
  • reneeolson1
    reneeolson1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I joined 2 days ago and need all the support I can get. I need to loose 30lbs. It's now or never...HELP!!
  • CounselorNelson
    CounselorNelson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I joined 2 days ago and need all the support I can get. I need to loose 30lbs. It's now or never...HELP!!
    Hi! I just joined this group today. Let's help support each other. I'm getting ready to go into a stressful time of year. I eat for comfort and to relieve stress. I have some good momentum right now and don't want to go back into my old habits.
  • MsLadyTAW
    MsLadyTAW Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Joined a few days ago and am pleased to find a group of women over 50! I've got 20 to lose this year and another 20 next year.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about the same amount. I'm hoping for 10 by the end of the year. I don't know if that's possible, but I am going to try.
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using MFP yesterday. I am 53 and am restarting my weight loss journey. I am hoping to find friends to keep me motivated. It always seems like a struggle to get my exercise into my routine, so I am just taking it one day at a time. I did meet my calorie and exercise goals yesterday, so feeling pretty good today.