Check in

Options
How is sugar free going at this point? Noticing any change in how you feel energy-wise? Has anyone experienced any setbacks? Have a great treat recipe to share? :) It has been going okay for me. I have found I am having issues with wanting to have a cheat meal that includes a sugary treat each week. This wouldn't be problematic except that I am attempting to eliminate added sugar to defeat candida in my body and even one cheat per week is setting me back. I haven't even been consuming naturally sugary foods like fruit for this reason. Otherwise as I stated before, telling myself it is not allowed and being held accountable by participating in this group has been super helpful and has made it easier for me than when I have tried to do it on my own.

Replies

• becca_and_cats
    becca_and_cats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had two minor setbacks on June 13 and June 16. I traveled to Brazil for business. I successfully said NO to all sweets on the flights... But at dinner on June 13, I CAVED and had a slice of chocolate cake. I immediately felt guilty. For the rest of our stay at the hotel, I had fruit (watermelon and pineapple) when I felt like eating dessert. I was doing pretty well... Then came the flight home. June 16, close to midnight. I had been traveling since 7 that morning, and I wouldn't be back home until 5 am. Needless to say, I was a bit cranky. The plane stewardess was handing out small packs of m&ms for snacks. In my generally annoyed and sleepy state, I ate the m&ms (maybe about 12-15 in the pack?). It provided immediate relief, but that didn't last long. I should've known...

Since then, I've been completely back on track. No sweets, no soda (which has been surprisingly easy even though soda was my vice). As I've said before, I do feel an improvement in my mood and energy levels. And even my anxiety levels, they've lessened greatly. I feel GREAT when I stay on track. The accountability factor is what keeps me going.