June 2016 who is active here?

Options
Hi All;

I am new to the Primal Blueprint. I have been at it for a couple of weeks. I'm just trying to find an active group. It looks like many of these posts are from 2011. Please chime in if you are still active here and feel free to add me too. :)

Replies

• closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I check in here fairly frequently, log daily, and am mostly primal rather than strictly paleo. Welcome!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am someone who recently had to switch to a diet very similar to primal because of my disabilities and doctor's recommendation. I am still trying to learn how to cook so it has been very interesting to try out all these different recipes from websites. The food processor has become my best friend. :D
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I try to be Primal, and need to check in here more.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    There must be some zombie posts. It's not the most active group I'm in, but there are usually a few new posts or comments in a week.
  • karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Okay, nice. I'll stick around. I guess PrimalPaleo people might not be inclined to use MFP since logging calories really isn't part of being Primal. I like the accountability and plus it keeps me mindful of my carb intake. I am currently trying to figure out my macros. I seem to be having decent results with 50/25/25.
    Have a great day!
  • meldub31
    meldub31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are there any other "Paleo" themed groups to join? Maybe Gluten Free even, that are a little more active?
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    As far as Paleo groups go, this group seems to be the most active, not sure about gluten free, but you can always search.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am on both, and the gluten-free group is definitely much less active.
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am still here and also just started over. I set my macros at 50 fat, 30 protein and 20 carbs. So far that seems to be working for me as of my one day test. Haha
    I agree Karen, I need the accountability plus logging in also helps me track my sugar intake. I have notice when that number get too high I crave more.
  • larrythepro
    larrythepro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started June 1, 2016 and have my macros at 50f 30p 20c. I have cut out all processed foods and grains so far.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When you count 20-25 carbs is that from vegetables?
  • larrythepro
    larrythepro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is from berries and vegetables.
  • PrestonInside
    PrestonInside Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. I was paleo for a whole year, then I stopped, regretted it...gained weight. Now I'm back on paleo and am here. Hi everyone!
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here, mostly paleo 90/10. Feel free to add me. I log daily and have an open diary.
  • acobriant82
    acobriant82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here, trying to lose my last 10 lbs and have been eating semi-clean for the past 2 years, but want to go Whole 30, then reintroduce grains/dairy slowly, and end up eating an 80/20 paleo/clean diet. I have PCOS and trying to rebalance my hormones. My husband is also a type 1 diabetic. Looking for more nutrient rich foods that don't wreck havoc on our bodies, paleo seems the way to go!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I am back on MFP after being on a long hiatus. The general forums get to me so bad because of the conventional wisdom that people think passing on is so beneficial and it is not. At least not for us that have autoimmune diseases and endocrine disorders.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    There must be some zombie posts. It's not the most active group I'm in, but there are usually a few new posts or comments in a week.

HI Cheesy - are there other more active paleo/primal groups here? I'd check in more if there was more activity!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I try to check in from time to time and am always up for food talk!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm active here. Always up for new discussions, when I remember to check out this forum.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hi, yeah, active person here. Logging daily and all that. Bought into Sisson's guidelines about five years ago and it's going well. Anyways, it's pretty simple so I don't feel like there's a whole lot to say about it. Happy to help if I can though.