Introduce Yourself!

Options
13»

Replies

• rscott1797
    rscott1797 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Rhiannon. I'm 30, and have an 11 month old baby at home. I've struggled with my weight for years, but I want to do everything I can to be healthy and a good example for my little one now. I want to be able to do things with her without worrying about my weight!

SW/CW: 261
    GW: 160
    Height: 5'9"

Here's to the journey!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! I'm Karen and I am from a place called Hervey Bay, it's in Australia and I have the unfortunateness of being surrounded by beautiful skinny girls wearing bikinis all day.
    I work as a personal carer in a nursing home and i'm studying nursing. I have three kids and my husband works away.
    I found that it was so much easier to buy take away and eat crap than it is to make the time to cook healthy foods. Hence the weight gain.
    Over the last 12 months I have learnt the awesomeness that is Food Prep!!! Total time saver, cash saver and weight loser lol.
    My bipolar has made me and my healthier eating a bit tricky. Now that i'm medicated and stable, I am looking forward to losing weight and gaining friends

• ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sharon, I'm from the UK and I just joined the group today :) I'm 38, married with no kids. I was always healthy and active when I was young, but slowly started putting weight on once I started working and just got heavier and heavier. I've used all the excuses you can think of for not losing weight, but I'm only hurting myself so it's time to make a change. I've been on MFP for about 11 weeks now and lost around 11lbs. Sometimes it's too overwhelming to think of how much I have to lose, so I just think about smaller, mini goals!

Starting Weight: 227.4
    Current Weight: 216
    Goal Weight: 126
  • Mamahick12
    Mamahick12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Ashley. I'm from Texas and I just joined the group. I am 30 years old, married but no kids yet. That's why I'm here. I became so heavy that my periods stopped and I no longer ovulated. I've gone to the doctor and the conclusion was, unless I started losing weight now, I will never have kids. I walked out of the doctors office, diagnosed as pre-diabetic with little hope for the future I wanted. I just sat in my car and cried. I don't think I've ever felt more defeated than I did that day.
    I went home, prayed and cried, then I talked to my husband, the most amazing man. He looked right at me and said he'll do anything it takes to help me. So, I put my big girl panties on, wiped my tears away and started researching successful weight loss tips and lifestyle changes. I am constantly learning and growing. I'm finding what is best for me, what my body is responding to and how it makes me feel.

I signed up for MFP a couple of years ago but I never really looked into it. I recently started logging everyday and reading the forums for inspiration and motivation. I am so happy I came across this thread as I have a lot of weight to lose. It's nice to see I'm not the only one in this position. I feel we can really motivate each other.

SW: 336 lbs
    CW: 318 lbs
    GW: 160 lbs

Height: 5'6"

• kisha1967
    kisha1967 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kiwana from Alabama. This is my second go around with MFP. The first time was working fine but I let life get in the way and bailed. Not a good move! Now I'm back and stepping back on the path again. I so feel those who wear the same few outfits all the time. I've never been into clothes/fashion much...even when I was small. But it would be so nice to once again at least feel comfortable in my clothes.

SW: 214
    CW: 212.6
    GW: 125 but may change if I'm comfortable at around 140
  • tadman662
    tadman662 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies!
  • kklinetobe76
    kklinetobe76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm Kim from Nebraska. After a few stops and starts, I'm using MFP daily. This is my 3rd attempt at permanent weight loss (3rd times a charm!) and I'm working on not letting the stresses and general crap of life impact my eating habits and exercise. I'm built like a hobbit so I'm realistic about how much weight I can lose and still be healthy. I just want to feel better and have better doctor visits!
    Starting weight: 260
    Current weight: 251
    Goal weight: 160ish.