been struggling

Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
seem to still have a diet mentality going on, which is so annoying as I know LCHF works for me, but still trying to get a quick result - time to stop doing this and seeing this as a WOL rather than a diet - if I do things right for me, the binges stop and I don't even think about higher carb foods so why do I still keep self sabotaging myself - the voices in my head are hard to ignore sometimes - just a little bit won't hurt (but it always does) have put on weight this week - so annoyed with myself

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Any specific foods that are extremely problematic for you?
  • Salekdarling
    Salekdarling Posts: 19 Member
    Maybe you need an accountability partner? My husband is my partner on our WOE, and when one of us wants to give into eating junk, we talk the other out of it. I've been trying to see it like this: I place sugar as an addiction much like heroin. Heroin is no laughing matter, but you can see the effect it has on people and the desire to get their fix, just like the effect sugar has on people. Obesity, diabetes, hormonal problems which lead to other problems, and a need to have sugar like now... Right now!

When I was younger, I'd take a nap between work and school, and I'd wake up feeling like crap - angry, tired and sluggish. I had to eat everything in my cupboard to feel awake again. I hated it. Now I don't have that problem, and I don't ever want to have that problem again! If you can remind yourself about the spiral eating wrong can take you down and try to avoid it, it really does help. Good luck dear!

Salek
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Any specific foods that are extremely problematic for you?

I have noticed potatoes are a problem, and make me want to eat more - was attempting a slightly higher carb option for a bit more variety, and also find if I have anything with too many carbs in they also make me want more and more - I have a binge eating problem so I find it hard to stop once I get started and its always the wrong things once things have started - I have decided to go back to a carnivorous diet as I found that seemed to stop the cravings and binges but was thinking I was missing out on something - so was attempting to add variety. I think I need to keep it very simple and see food as a fuel rather than anything more.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I made mashed "potatoes" (it's actually cauliflower) the other night that was fantastic. I actually vastly prefer it's flavor and texture profiles over real potatoes, now that I've tried it. Give this a try and see what you think: http://www.ruled.me/easy-creamy-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/ Even my girl's nine-year old loved them, and we all know how kids can be.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    mashed turnips are a favorite of mine...yum!!!