favourite"brown bagged" lunches?

Options
45forme
45forme Posts: 7 Member
I'm looking for some new ideas for work...

TIA

L:)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Deli meat roll ups - roast beef sliced thin rolled up with a squirt of mayo and mustard with some cheddar.
    Devilled eggs
    Tuna salad with mayo and celery
    BLT lettuce wraps
    A big salad with a protein, veggies, and a fatty dressing.
    Dinner leftovers.
    A charcuterie plate with meats, cheese, and olives - maybe some almonds.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave, leftovers are always a good option. I make a crustless quiche on Sunday and freeze portions to take to work during the week.
  • Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, broccoli, sardines, avacado every day
  • 45forme
    45forme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas :smiley:
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Quick & easy - going I like canned tuna in water. Add 1 tbs coconut oil, black pepper, and Himalayan pink salt. Yummy! When I want a little sweet I will use some cut up bell pepper to either dip it with or chop & stir in it.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'll usually keep it simple when it comes to taking food to work with me. Three string cheese sticks and roast beef or salame to wrap around them. Cans of tuna in olive oil. Some canned chicken with Swiss melted over it. Mussels and oysters.

The canned meat section of Wal-Mart, spinach and cheeses sustained me for a solid month.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll usually keep it simple when it comes to taking food to work with me. Three string cheese sticks and roast beef or salame to wrap around them. Cans of tuna in olive oil. Some canned chicken with Swiss melted over it. Mussels and oysters.

The canned meat section of Wal-Mart, spinach and cheeses sustained me for a solid month.

mmm canned meat... lol

I do have to feel a tad sorry for your co-workers, assuming you don't work solo. only because I am super sensitive to smells and can imagine the smell permeating your break room if you heated the oysters and mussels. :)

all in good fun of course. You're making it work for you, that's all that matters.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    I don't heat any of it. I would make an amazing hobo/vagabond, based purely on my ability to not care what kind of container I am eating from. I do given them the courtesy of rinsing out the tins before throwing them in the trash. No one wants to smell sardines all day, and with the exception of the tuna in olive oil, everything I buy is in water, so the smell rinses right away.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    not sure you would be a proper hobo without a can of bean...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Hmmm. Yeah, screw that noise. I'll eat offal first.