Loosing weight in the wrong places ! Sorry guys this is for the girls

Options
vilenski193
vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
Hey. So I had to loose like 20 pounds and I really stuck to this diet and lost over 5%body fat over a short period of time the problem is it seems to all be coming off from the wrong places. My boobs are way smaller but yet my stomach is still round. I am aggravated and want to restart eating to gain some size. Any one else have this problem? Is there a way to target he weight loss? Any healthy way to put back some of the weight ? I started weight lifting too if that will make a difference. The whole point of this was to fee better about myself and not sure I'm loving the results

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No, you can't spot reduce. The body will pull the excess weight from where it chooses to. Your body will even itself out, given time. Diet and exercise don't really matter on that front. (The same goes for gaining, so even if you did go on a food bender in an attempt to increase your bust size, there's no guarantee that the extra weight will even go there and not elsewhere.)

That said, it's probably a good idea to track your food for a couple of weeks to see if there's not something else going on. It's entirely possible that you're sensitive to, say, dairy, and it's causing your stomach to bloat and look fat.

Additionally, you can give your boobs more "depth," by working the pectoral muscles underneath. Bench presses are your friend on that front.

Also, don't focus so much on the superficial aspects. Instead, concentrate on your health and how you feel, healthwise. Focus on the amount you can lift and improving that. Focus on your improved energy, your greater resistance to getting sick, etc.
  • bop926
    bop926 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistance can also cause stubborn belly fat. Thankfully this is something that keto can fix over time. :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose from the top down too. I don't mind losing some boobage though. Clothes fit better and they are never in the way now. Ideally I like to not even have to wear a bra but the girls met gravity so I think those days are past me. ;)

Your belly will shrink. I bet you have already lost off your ribs and it is working its way down. Keep doing what you are doing and your belly will go too. :)

And ditto the call for greater pectoral muscles! My pecs can increase the look of my breasts by quite a bit. Push-ups will build them up well.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but the primary regulator of where fat is stored is hormonal and not something you can consciously control. This is why some people get huge hips/legs while others get round up top. It might be frustrating to lose it there, but as the rest of the body evens out, you will probably end up looking great. Maybe smaller up top, but the proportions will look better and make it seem like you didn't lose any there.

Keep going and the belly will flatten out and make everything look better.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I always lose from the upper body first. However, lets look at some of the perks about this.

1. You can wear cute sports bras
    2. Perhaps you can go no bra at some point (I have some sports bras that are basically barely there)
    3. You don't need to double up on bras when running
    4. Running doesn't hurt
    5. Button up shirts are now a possibility in the wardrobe
    6. Going strapless is within the realm of possibility
    7. Golfing is a lot easier without boobs getting in the way of the swing

There's so many more perks.

I actually really like having smaller boobs now. And I also agree with everyone who posted, chest day is your friend now! Working your pec muscles will make the girls look perkier and just all around better.

The weight will come off where you want eventually. You just have to be patient and persistent. :) Good luck!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just a thought from my experience, I thought I was losing a lot of boob, but I realized I needed to tighten my bra band to a closer hook. Now my bra fits beautifully again.
  • gypsy8080
    gypsy8080 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. For me, the weight comes off my legs and butt first, leaving me with a disproportionately big upper body. My arms and belly are still huge in comparison to the rest of me. So frustrating. All I can do is keep going. Eventually, it will balance out better.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think I have lost mostly from my butt. Have never done that before lol. All my pants still pretty much fit my hips but seriously are baggy in the butt. Ugh!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I lost some of my boobs and a lot in my butt when I really didn't want to. I wish we could spot reduce but we can't. My stomach did eventually go down but it's the last to go, and it's that way with most people. I feel like I'm still preggo. On the plus side, I fit into chairs better so it's not all horrible :)

This thread has some pretty good advice in it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • royalq
    royalq Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    your body is going to lose where it wants to first, that *kitten*. I would looove for my boobs to go first as i am an apple shape with very large breast. But my body loses from my booty and thighs first. so annoying. but hey at least im losing weight.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    There's so many more perks.
    ISWYDT
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I have a small chest and waist, and that's where I lose body fat first. It clings stubbornly to my arms, thighs, and small, slightly round tummy. I love my body anyway.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, my belly protrudes but my hips, butt and upper body slim right down easily. Exercise does help. I can have same diet, about the same number of calories consistently and be losing weight, but when I am not exercising everything is soft and flabby and the belly is a big roll that it looks like I need another bra for. When I am exercising consistently as well, it is not so prominent.