two years lifting - nothing to see here :P

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
my second annual rec centre pass expires as of midnight today. i don't have anything very remarkable to report and i don't do internet pictures, so really there's nothing to see. 'strength' has gotten to just be a kind of work in progress, so there's nothing special about this week's numbers to me. but still, it's a milestone kind of feeling. it's my second full-year pass, and i bought the first one once i decided that sl was how i wanted to go. so that means i've now been lifting 'heavy' three (or more) times a week, for two years. and the biggest thing to me is: i have been. i don't even know the last week that went by without me touching some kind of weight.

i may not renew it this time. i'm already paying mr t for the fridays i have no intention of giving up, so now i want to get to this job next week and see what their '24/7 fitness facility' has before i know whether it still makes sense to pay for a year-long pass. it's a funny feeling though. i'll spend this next week without 'coverage' and that just makes me realize how much i've come to take those weight rooms for granted as part of my life.

guess i can say that i lift now, people :tongue:

Replies

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's definitely just a normal part of your life now.

I'm concerned, though, that the new place might have fewer crazy people for you to report on in the 'this guy in the gym' thread :smile:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    I'm concerned, though, that the new place might have fewer crazy people for you to report on in the 'this guy in the gym' thread :smile:

oy. never thought about that.

maybe the new workplace will be as nutty as the last nest of strangeoids that i worked amongst. on second thoughts though, i wouldn't wish that on my enemy's dog. so i guess i'll just have to pay more attention to mr t's people on friday nights.

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's strange to realize that your a "gym person". I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

I hope your work gym is better than mine. They have a beautiful shiny new power cage. With a huge shiny sign listing rules like "No deadlifting" and "Only use with a spotter." Really?! Why even bother having a cage then?!