Replies

• ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    175.3 today!
  • kbosket0726
    kbosket0726 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Adabich I had the same problem with the injection site reaction. I found that it stopped happening after about a month or so. Best way to get rid of the welts I found was to not scratch it (no matter how bad it itches) and I make a homemade sugar scrub with coconut oil that seemed to help. Hope it helps!
  • brandicoker
    brandicoker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week 1 on Saxenda, side effects are mostly nausea. Hoping this goes away soon
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Nice Saxenda Facebook group if you want more support.
  • de7inhim
    Options
    Day 65. Down 31.5#. Few side effects. Hubby started this week. He is so hangry at .6
  • mandybobs65
    mandybobs65 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, just started at 0.6 today, weight is 212.8, reading all your posts with great interest, hope I have similar results. Have tried umpteen diets in the past, was considering gastric band in the Autumn but thought I'd try this first, will keep you update with progress
  • nicoleanneh
    nicoleanneh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! started at 0.6 7/27/16 at 299. not hungry, was wondering if I hold back on tritrating up and see what happens. I have to remind myself to eat or I feel horrible.
  • mandybobs65
    mandybobs65 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    first week down, 8 lbs gone, went up to 1.2mg yesterday, no appetite at all, only managing small meals that's a first for me!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My doctor officially took me off tanzeum (diabetes control version of saxenda) since my blood sugars are way way down. I've been off of it for 2 weeks now and I've gained some water weight and possibly some real weight, though I don't really blame the drug. I was on vacation and just needed an attitude adjustment. I'm happy to report that I'm still getting my fullness cues as I did before on the medicine, which makes me very happy! I never had that before this! I lost around 85lbs while on the medication (112 total). It can be done!
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    Well, I am in the 150s for the first time in over a decade!! I am starting to feel happy about it. My brain is taking a long time to realize that I am no longer obese. But, here I am, just barely overweight according to BMI. This medication has changed my life.
  • de7inhim
    Options
    Day 118 down 52# mild burps but Doug great! Hubby down 41# in 2months on Sept 5. He has nausea touchy tummy most days☹️
  • QuueneBee2
    QuueneBee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow it's so awesome seeing the results
    I start tomorrow
    Yikes I'm a nervous wreck
    I will start with some meditation first thing then do my first shot in the am
  • Almostgaveup
    Almostgaveup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too ... 2 injections so far. It's nice to see that it's working for people.
  • deannadalziel827
    deannadalziel827 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, I am in the 150s for the first time in over a decade!! I am starting to feel happy about it. My brain is taking a long time to realize that I am no longer obese. But, here I am, just barely overweight according to BMI. This medication has changed my life.

I keep seeing all of your posts! And you seem to be doing amazing!!! Is there anyway I can add you to Facebook or something so we could chat? I could use the motivation I am just starting week 3 and feeling very down . Add me to Facebook it's Deanna Maude Dalziel - there's only one ;)
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    I've added you. :-)

I keep seeing all of your posts! And you seem to be doing amazing!!! Is there anyway I can add you to Facebook or something so we could chat? I could use the motivation I am just starting week 3 and feeling very down . Add me to Facebook it's Deanna Maude Dalziel - there's only one ;)

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    de7inhim wrote: »
    3smyxlfneso9.jpeg

Hello all. In using Saxenda, I started off with the medicine giving me a huge appetite craving and I thought that this would be much easier than it had been in the past. While it is easier, there still takes a ton of will power on my behalf. This is not to say that the medicine isn't working but it is to say that Saxenda is a tool to be used alongside diet and exercise. Once I was able to fully understand this and not depending on this magic drug to do all of the work for me, it has made me a ton more thoughtful in my outlook on my weight loss journey this go round. I am extremely grateful to not feel that gut wrenching extreme hunger anymore. I'm also thankful that I can stop and think clearly about my food choices no matter how long it has been since my last meal. Saxenda has given me my will power back and I'm immensely grateful!
  • lap0680
    lap0680 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm into week 2. On 1.2mg
    Haven't lost and ounce. I'm getting very discouraged. I started at 251 in September.
    With a healthy diet and exercise 5 days a week I'm down to 225 with 20" over all lost. Ive been stuck here since. November. Dr prescribed phentermine to help, but nothing lost from that. He recently added the saxenda and the scale is still not moving at all.
    Not sure what I am doing wrong .. everyone seems to report immediate results from saxenda!?
    I do see I fell full much faster but still get hungry.
    I'm ready to stop all medications and to go at it naturally since I've seen more results that way.
    Help...
  • QuueneBee2
    QuueneBee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Be patient and stick with it
    Good things take time
    Rome was not built in a day
    Babies take 9 months