Going vegan in your 40's

Options
Diamondgirl369
Diamondgirl369 Posts: 25 Member
Hi. Anyone a vegan? I've been trying to transition to vegan for about a month. My struggle has been with weight gain. I am not sure how to balance my proteins. Anyone have these issues or advice?

Replies

• RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not a vegan, but I've looked at the Happy Herbivores group on here a few times to get some recipe ideas. There are lots of vegans and vegetarians on there.
  • Diamondgirl369
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion!
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I went raw for a few weeks. Very interesting, I felt great but missed my protein from chicken
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegetarian (almost vegan- trying to transition ). I'm trying to get better at planning my meals in advance to keep on track.
  • Diamondgirl369
    Options
    I gave it a serious go for just under three months but I also miss my chicken and fish. I will incorporate many dishes but won't be able to be a vegan. I gained weight, fought sleepiness and didn't feel that great. I honor those who can do it
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I became a pescatarian for 6 months but I caved in and ate filet mignon...I try to eat as little meat as possible and focus on more fish...I do go meatless at least twice a week.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been vegetarian for 30 years and my daughter had severe food allergies which meant I also had to cut out dairy, egg, sesame and soya. I am just reintroducing them now after 3 years. So was a soya free vegan for 3 years. I get a vegan protein blend from myprotien, made from hemp, pea and rice protein. It's fine. Not exactly a treat, but a good way to bump protein. What sort of foods have you been eating that you think may have contributed to weight gain?