Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bummed I gained a pound this week

Smurfe04
Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
Really bummed when I weighed myself this week. I gained a pound over last week after a 10-pound loss. I think I am underestimating the amount of food I consume and log. Ordered a scale to weigh everything. I have to say I was shocked as I have walked 35 miles brisk pace this week and have been well under my calorie count limit every day. Maybe I do need to consume more calories to lose but I doubt it. I just think I have been underestimating the amount I have shoved down my gullet.

Replies

• Smurfe04
    Well this is weird, I weighed myself for the heck of it when I got home and I have lost 2 more pounds. I always weigh in the morning first thing, maybe I might switch to the afternoon from now on :D
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    I banished my scale to the basement as I would HOP on it all the time. I was driving myself insane. Now it's once a week and I log my loss only if it stays off for a week. Granted I log a gain only if it is still there after a week. ;)
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    I've found it fluctuates day to day. I try to log a loss only after it shows up for a couple of days. Don't worry about the short term, look at your progress over a longer period, that's what really counts.
  • Smurfe04
    I am wondering if all of the walking I am doing has built the leg muscle that will weigh more than fat. I still am showing a weight gain but my waist is shrinking slowly and I can already see the loss difference in my face.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    There are times my weight doesn't move but I am losing inches. Make sure you measure every so often so you can see the difference.
  • Smurfe04
    I haven't been measuring but I know I need to. I agree, my clothes are fitting much more relaxed and I can actually see a difference on my face and neck.
  • bekim123
    I swore I looked the same in the mirror to myself, so I took an older face picture and a current one and put them side-by-side. That's where I can see the difference. When you see yourself every day, the changes are so gradual that you don't notice.
  • Smurfe04
    I am still not seeing any weight loss after 2 weeks. I am beginning to wonder if the calories burned through exercise is accurate on these sites. I walk at least 5 miles a day and have started some gym workout as well. I weigh and log everything put in my mouth. I am always well under my calorie limit for the day by on average 800 calories. MFP always says "if every day was like today I will weigh "x" amount in 5 weeks" but so far I have gained a pound. Frustrating to say the least.
  • bekim123
    most of what I read says not to add back all your exercise calories, they only suggest about 50%, but it sounds like you are probably already doing that. They also say to weigh all your food (which I haven't been) because it's much more accurate. Otherwise, just stick it out...I'll go a week or two without any loss, then drop a couple of pounds in a few days...no rhyme or reason to it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    I do like the thought that in 5 weeks I will be X but it has never happened. As their projections keep changing and it's like Oh come on really. Now I just take it one day at a time and I do weigh my food it's crazy but I get more food when I weigh it compared to a measuring cup. I like grams I feel like I'm getting even more.

The weight thing when I am really pushing it and my body aches I retain more water in my muscles when my body rests I get that whoosh of a weight lose. I go by how my clothes fit if I am cinching in my belt another notch I'm doing ok. If you are counting every calorie and exercising your buns off. It'll show just have faith. <3
  • Smurfe04
    @bekim123 you are correct, I never eat back my exercise calories. I try to always leave at least a 300-500 calorie deficit. Clothes are fitting much better so I know stuff is working. Just weird that the scale won't budge. It did show a 1 pound loss a couple of evenings ago.