Why /when did you go keto?

Options
2»

Replies

• lotusinak
    lotusinak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer last year. After a crazy year of surgeries, chemo & radiation I decided to go to a Naturalpath who started me on a keto lifestyle with vitamin C infusions. The keto diet was/is not an easy transition for me. I have always led a balanced diet of organic fruits, veggies & lean meat.
    I am researching and learning tons. My brain is slowly making the transition!
    I am not doing the Ketogenic life style for weight loss (although it's nice), I am on it for health benefits. I have noticed I am not as hungry, I have more energy, my face has cleared up!
    This may be total TMI....but how often do yah all go to the bathroom?
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I first had my Fitbit connected with MFP I lost 5 kg and since then I've been stranded around 78kg. Recently because diabetes is hovering to get me on meds, I am fighting back to give the diagnose a run to the other side of being healthy and free. By coincidence, I stumbled across the ketogenic diet after reading and research in order to change lifestyle and make it happen. I honestly thought it would take some time but I surprised myself (or better my body and brain did), lost 2.6kg within 3-4 weeks weighing 75.4kg. So my next target for July is 70kg but foremost lowering BMR and cholesterol to turn away from diabetes.
  • RealRelicVa
    RealRelicVa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the calorie counting and carb cycling thing for the past 5 years, and my weight keeps doing the elevator thing. Just getting into ketosis over this July 4 weekend., I tried low carb before with some success.....im enjoying keto, but need to get my body to adjust to the butter coffee....ahem
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto this week. We are getting back from vacation and I need to reset and put my life into order. I hate the way I look and feel. Make this momma belly go away please keto!!!! I'm a sugar addict and carbs as well. I started stepping into the keto zone before the trip and was doing good but the bread has got me. And veggies, I guess I like high carb veggies
  • neweuquol
    neweuquol Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I am doing keto for cancer treatment/recovery.
  • CarCar0207
    CarCar0207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    neweuquol wrote: »
    I am starting tomorrow. I am doing keto for cancer treatment/recovery.

Been a few weeks... How's Keto going for you?
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Started off with 3-months Keto and most probably had Keto flu feeling tired and fuzzy in the first month. This last weekend in July, I am down to 73 kg. Upped my gym visits am slowly adding more weights and trying to add fitness classes as Bodypump. Not only for muscle exercises but also to help tighten the skin (hoping it helps..).