Soooooo, how's it go'in???

ColtonrDaniels
ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
Hey folks, so we are coming close up to a month of this groups existence and already over 130+ members, thanks all who joined and spread the word. So how about we discuss how these past few weeks have gone for you!

Have you noticed any changes?
What new habits have you picked up?
Have you used any ideas posted and if so what?
What do you personally need help with?
Any tips for us?

Thanks all!

Replies

• Ecotope
    Ecotope Posts: 8 Member
    I've been going for a month and a half now and have been slowly putting it together piece by piece.

The biggest change I've noticed was after the first day of walking at the treadmill at the gym at my apartments, was just how bad of shape I was in. I completed an hour and my heart was still racing after some time sitting and resting back in the apartment later. It honestly scared me a bit. I got the FitBit Charge HR so I could watch it over time with that (also because I didn't think the machines in the gym were tracking quite accurately). To date, I've never felt that happen again, and when watching workouts after the fact once the data uploads, it seems to be recovering much better.

Food is my weakness and while I haven't change -what- I eat quite so much, I've cut forced myself to cut down on servings of the foods that I do eat, while here and there mixing in some others to hopefully eventually weed out the bad :)

My only advice would be towards exercise. Just get it done. You don't have to go super crazy at first, just make a schedule you can keep, and then keep it. It's easy to find something else that's more important to do at the time, but soon it'll form into a habit, and you'll be expecting and I dare say looking forward to the next one. My other piece of advice may not necessarily apply to everyone (I'm a mechanic), but I find working out after I finish work is much better for me. If I do it before work I'm much more susceptible to be a zombie.

• PatrickMcCarron
    PatrickMcCarron Posts: 16 Member
    I could do better, I have good weeks and bad weeks. Now to make more good weeks than bad weeks.
  • Paskill
    Paskill Posts: 19 Member
    I've been on a majorly good kick as of recent. Down a bunch of weight, losing regularly. And now Pokémon Go is out, I've been walking a ton between my workout days.

Biggest advice is weight loss is different for everyone and constantly changes. For me when I started, it came in phases. A few weeks of exercise and weight loss here or there, then a week or two of laziness. Your biggest enemy in the lazy times is yourself. If you can at least recognize when you're in a lazy phase, you can guilt trip yourself into getting back out there. You just need to do it while the drive is still in you.

For myself, doing so kickstarted the good phases, and once I did it enough I had the lazy ones less and less until I'm at where I am now. Lazy phases came for me during post-exercise pains, and once I lost enough I stopped having them as frequently.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Yeah, I have learned that guilt tripping myself has its pros and cons, like a pro is being able to get myself motivated and doing something, but a con is wanting to do something for myself but guilting myself outta it. But thats awesome to hear. Once you start noticing all the good that comes from losing it, it pays off. What I always remember is that Ill go to my room and lift up 50 pounds in weights and remind myself I was carrying this on me. Really sparks myself to keep at the weight loss.