Using MyFitnessPal to properly track keto macros

Does anyone know how to change the daily micronutrients created for me by MyFitnessPal? I'm shooting for 25 carbs per day, but MyFitnessPal "goal" is way over 100g. I can ignore their numbers if I have to because I really like that my food entries get saved - makes it so easy next time I eat that food, but I'd really like my ketogenic macros accurately listed.

Replies

• ryanjanes27653
    ryanjanes27653 Posts: 4 Member
    Figured it out, I just needed to play with my tablet a little more....for those of you that don't know:

After you have created your MyFitnessPal account (and maybe even during the initial account setup), click on "My Home", then "Goals." You will see an option to edit your macronutrients. If you are using the free version of MyFitnessPal, you can only adjust each macro by 5% increments and they must total 100%. If you upgrade to the paid version (don't know how much it costs), you can enter your macros in grams.

So excited about this!!
  • adbach
    adbach Posts: 11 Member
    Also delete you calories before you do the % and add them back last! Also note that everytime you update weight or exercise it will change all your goals back to their presets!!! I suggest to not use it to track your daily exercise! And when you go in to update weight then re add your goals again!!! Remember every 20lb redo your keto diet buddy macros because they change as you get smaller!