Introductions

Options
I just joined this group and noticed there's no "Introductions thred" so thought I would start one. Maybe someone can pin it to the top.

I'm 38 and have been doing the 21 day fix for 15 days now so almost done by first 21 day. I intend for there to be a 2nd round, however. 21 day fix is not about a one-time thing but about a lifestyle change. There will always be a numbr of calories I need to maintain to lose weight, and there will always be a number of calories I need to avoid gaining weight.

My goal is to get down from 185 to 150 lbs in time to get to my BMI ideal. I am already well on that path. In 15 days, I'm dow 7 lbs to 178 and I've started regular walking and jogging which I'm really enjoying with the nice weather.

Pleasure to meet everyone.
Matt
Canada

Replies

• WendyMads
    WendyMads Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey ya Matt & Everyone else!

I am Wendy (also from Canada). I am 38 and this is my second round of 21 Day Fix Extreme. I did 2 rounds of 21 Day Fix from March until May.

I have lost a total of 13 lbs (which is not so much) but i have lost a ton of inches. My issue is food, I cheat alot but working on it!

My goal is to make it to 150 lbs and maintain it so I have another 15 lbs to go.

What is everyone's thoughts on Shakeology, while i find it delicious, I find it very pricey

Ciao!
  • MrsPaquin
    MrsPaquin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Carrie, another Canadian!

I'm 36 (in 11 days!) and I'm starting the 21 Day Fix on Monday, July 4th.
    I ordered the program a year ago and never started. I tried everything else in the meantime, and nothing works, because I need more structure. Going to finally start the fix. I have a good friend who's a coach and has went from size 14 to size 4 in 6 months and a few other friends who had great success and has kept the weight off. Time to give it a try!

My weight reached 185lbs and I got really upset. I started eating better and walking/going to the gym a couple weeks ago. I've lost 5lbs, but I know I will stick to this if I follow a plan.

I'm on holidays this coming week, which will make it much easier to get started with the workouts and to stick to the eating plan.

Good luck everyone!
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the program Tuesday (I would start Monday but lets face it, that day would be a wash!) So if you want to add me Carrie it would be awesome to have someone doing it along side!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone- Leanne here (in CA, USA). Just finished a cleanse to get myself in a good spot to start on the program. Just had a baby, so it's rough to find time to work out, but it is just 30 minutes, right?? Someone asked about Shakology- it is much more tasty that many other shakes out there (also tried Vega and Almased), and yes it is expensive. It does have a lot of anti-inflammatory and adaptogenic herbs and 'super foods' in it, which likely adds to the cost over other protein powders/meal replacements, though. I did read that 310 Shake is a good alternative, which is much cheaper.
    Looking forward to getting going with the program!
    Good luck everyone!
  • HealthyPr10
    HealthyPr10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all I'm Portia in GA. I started the program on yesterday July 4th. I am looking to loose some pounds and get in the habit of eating clean. I started doing boot camp 3 weeks ago(Hubby got it for me as a birthday gift). I go 5 days a week for 8 weeks. My short term goal is to be under 200 lbs by Jan 2017. MY long term goal is to get to 175-180 and stay there before the summer 2017. I just had my second and last baby (girl) in Oct 2015 so now I can focus and get healthy.
  • Racegirl77T
    Racegirl77T Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I am Anne -in Indiana and I started the program yesterday. May I say that day one I didn't get close to getting my food in.... I have started to help me with my portion control and to help me get back in the habit of an exercise routine. Good luck to all!!
  • usherinpresence88
    usherinpresence88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Tammy from O.H.I.O :smiley: I started the program on July 5th and I am on day 3. So far so good. I have notice a change. The prepping is a little time consuming, but I believe I will get used to it by the time I get to day 21. I plan to stick the plan and do a few rounds. My goal is to lose about 65 more lbs.

I am finding that I am getting hungry between the afternoon snack and dinner. Perhaps I need to change of my snack to more protein which will help me make it to dinner without feeling deprived.

My calorie intake is 2100-2400.
  • bgflores2
    bgflores2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Bernice from Georgia. Since I can remember I've always been on the heavier side but I was never really bothered by it, until now. My daughters recent physical revealed her insulin levels are extremely high and the doctor actually recommended this program for us. I've decided to take charge of the situation and make some changes. I will do whatever it takes to help her get healthy.

I'm not going to lie... this program seems intimidating but hope to get motivated with this community. If any of you guys would like to start a fitbit challenge or are currently doing challenges please add me. I want to set a good example to my daughter and am cautiously excited about this program. Wish us luck, day 1 starts Monday.

• KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Kassie. I am 23 years old and I live in the St. Louis area. I just got my 21 day fix stuff in the mail last night, I am so excited to get started. I will be doing plan B. I weight 369.6 (down from 372.6). I still have a very long way to go and I am hoping 21df will be able to help get me there. I will be starting the program Monday 7/18/16.

What are some good recipes you guys have done? How often do you weigh yourself? How many rounds have you done?
  • gshimp
    gshimp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am Gabrielle and am on my 3rd round of 21 day fix. I have seen the changes to my body but more on the maintenance and cleaner food choices ( portions). Years ago I did P90x lean and dropped tons of weight - I couldn't commit to that time frame (two little kids) so I went with P90x3 (about 30 mins) this time after several rounds I ended up gaining weight (muscle). I like the 21 day fix program the b/c of the easy nutritional plan. I try to commit to a program a couple times a year and then phase in my other workouts while continuing to eat well. It's a life changing process. I still enjoy my beer and wine time and you will see me eating pizza or chips sometimes but life is short. I would like to drop 5 to 10 pounds but it will take me sometime for my body to truly get to that size and stay that size.
    This time during 21 day fix I am going to try the doubles round during the last week - I might not be able to move but I am gonna try! Good luck on your journeys ( the ups and downs) ... We all have them.
  • Djdj031369
    Djdj031369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I'm Dana, 38, Florida and looking to lose around 30#s. I did 21DF a year or so ago but never really committed. Starting the eating part of the program today 7/18/16 (practice day lol). But the exercise part tomorrow. I work 13 hour shifts Mon and Wed, 9 hour shifts the rest of the week and with a 2 hour commute so making Monday the rest day would be best.
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I've found this journey is easier with like minded friends!!!

• sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hello all im new and starting 21 day fix my challenge pack arrived last week with my shakeology. i have 58 pounds to lose. look forward to tightening and toning my body and eating healthy...i work graveyard stocking shelves all night and lost 32 pounds in 3 months so im hoping with adding this to my schedule i can get the last 58 pounds off :)
  • jessicaerussell395
    jessicaerussell395 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone, Jess here from Michigan. My last day of my second round of 21dfx is Sunday. I want to lose 80+ lbs. Long road ahead but I enjoy the food and the workouts for the most part (yoga and pilates are not my favs).

I just started using MFP to track my food because I was not seeing much weight loss and figured out after eating all my containers I was not eating enough. So MFP has helped me dial my caloric intake.

Good luck everyone!
  • bella2v
    bella2v Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Vanessa from KY. I am on my 3rd round of 21day. I got on my fitness pal to help me with keeping track of my inches lost. I plan to keep up with all this for a year. Good Luck to everyone.
  • ecopley86
    ecopley86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Erin and I'm from San Diego, CA. My sister and I each lost about 70 pounds from 2014-2015 and have been trying to maintain but it's been tough the last few months with summer time bbqs, events, alcohol...anyway, starting Monday with 21 day fix. Want to lose about 15 pounds. Any tips, tricks, recipes are appreciated! I bought a planner to help with meal planning and I am going to rotate the 21 day fix dvds with my regular ones (Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner etc). Good luck to all!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I know it's been a while since anyone has posted but I am starting 21 Day Fix again today. My name is Brittany and I am in Texas. Hoping to lose about 15lbs. this time around which should be doable since I really haven't been active in months.
  • Schmeikqua
    Schmeikqua Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am Schmeikqua from Nashville. I am new to 21 Day fix. I have 100 lbs to lose. Looking forwawd to a healthy lifestyle change. I have always struggled with portion control and working out.
  • Marisa_48
    Marisa_48 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi All,

Another Canadian here :) I'm 48 and ready to get fit and healthy.
    I just got my containers, I'll be starting tomorrow.
    I'm excited and scared LOL.

Any tips and tricks for this newbie?