LC Pancake Syrup Suggestions??

Options
Tara4boys
Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
Good Morning! I tried the Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes this morning (I made them one day last week and they were OK). I worked a little more on my technique and liked them better this morning.

I would like a little syrup on them. Could someone suggest to me a brand they like? I think sugar-free food vary widely in their taste.

Thanks!

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just logged the 1/2 a TEASPOON of honey I used. 9 carbs!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't have a syrup, but I use vanilla extract and a pinch of stevia (rather than other sugar substitutes), and double cinnamon in mine. I didn't measure the extract exactly, but it was well less than a teaspoon and 1 tsp is only .5g carbs. I cooked it and then poured melted butter on it. It was to die for and I'm making myself hungry just talking about it lol. May have them for dinner!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    As a side thought, you could try some maple extract for that flavor. It has more carbs than the vanilla, but not as much as honey or maple syrup.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/thick-sticky-maple-syrup/
    The pure Erythritol can be a *kitten* to find, in my experience, unless you just order it.

ETA: if you don't want to make your own, I've heard good things about Walden Farms pancake syrup. However, my experience with pretty much all of their products left something to be desired. Never tried that syrup though.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There are a number of sugar-free syrups on the market (Joseph's, Nature's Hollow,) Cary's is not bad, but IDK what is all in it. Could be a real chemistry experiment. Probably mostly sugar alcohols.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a bottle of Sukrin Fiber Gold syrup, which they say is great for using on pancakes; will report results in about a week LOL
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The pure Erythritol can be a *kitten* to find, in my experience, unless you just order it.

ETA: if you don't want to make your own, I've heard good things about Walden Farms pancake syrup. However, my experience with pretty much all of their products left something to be desired. Never tried that syrup though.

Actually, the Walden Farms pancake syrup is one of their best items. I'm cutting way back on products with artificial sweeteners but this is one I kept on the grocery list.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind the walden farms pancake syrup actually. Most of their other crap is gross though. Another option I've tried for topping LC pancakes is 11% MF greek yogurt mixed with half a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a bit of unsweetened almond milk.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Actually, the Walden Farms pancake syrup is one of their best items. I'm cutting way back on products with artificial sweeteners but this is one I kept on the grocery list.

Be very careful of anything from Walden Farms. Just a single swipe of the sealed surface gave me an instant migraine level headache. Likely the MSG content in the "natural flavors" or some other random ingredient. I know this is an exception to others without this problem, but make sure to try what you can before investing in much by them.

Here is another simple recipe that has good reviews.

http://www.cutthewheat.com/2014/03/easy-peasy-maple-syrup.html
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just Like Sugar Inulin

Dan
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

I'm a fan of their pancake syrup as well. It's not as thick as regular pancake syrup but it definitely has the right flavor. I tried their blueberry pancake syrup and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the regular syrup. I haven't tried their strawberry pancake syrup yet either though I do have a bottle of that too. You can always make your home at own as previously suggested.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

I'm a fan of their pancake syrup as well. It's not as thick as regular pancake syrup but it definitely has the right flavor. I tried their blueberry pancake syrup and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the regular syrup. I haven't tried their strawberry pancake syrup yet either though I do have a bottle of that too. You can always make your home at own as previously suggested.

Yeah, blueberry is not the same. Quite runny. But I second their regular pancake syrup.
  • robeylori
    robeylori Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like the Sukrin Gold Fiber syrup. And their brown sugar substitute is great too
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    robeylori wrote: »
    I like the Sukrin Gold Fiber syrup. And their brown sugar substitute is great too

I'm so glad to hear it, @robeylori I hope my kids agree with you (it's *mostly* for them :smiley: )
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners, so I usually whip some HWC and top my keto pancakes with that and a handful of blueberries. Also, I put vanilla extract and nutmeg in the pancakes.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Maple walnut
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't do artificial sweeteners other than sweet leaf stevia. This weekend I made some low carb waffles and put a few blackberries in the batter and then just topped them with butter. It was delicious! :)
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We don't usually use syrups here, but top our pancakes and waffles with full-fat unsweetened yogurt (usually Zia or Fage) and berries. Yum!