Is it really possible to plateau in the 4th week?

Options
ChaoticMiNd
ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
I still have at least 70 to lose and I've been playing with 1 lb for 11 days. Before that I lost nothing during shark week...I'm going to lose my mind this is really bothering me...I've done this before and lost a LOT. What is going on?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes. It's possible to not lose any scale weight in the 4th week. But it's not a plateau. It's just normal scale weight fluctuation and means nothing.
    It's fine, it's hard to believe but just stick to what's been working and you'll be fine.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have definitely been in keto I've tested every day lol.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I not only plateaued, I gained without cheating. I have over 100lbs to lose, so like you, I was scratching my head. Give your body time, though. My weight dropped again suddenly. This has cycled twice for me in the 5 weeks I've been Keto. Remember, it's not just burning fat. It's healing and sometimes your body needs to use energy to do that instead of burning fat.

This is so true! My daughter was really, really unwell for a number of years as a poorly controlled Type 1 Diabetic. Upon going Keto, and starting an insulin pump, she gained 20 pounds of water weight in 2 days! Now, this was mostly due to a rare condition called insulin edema, but, it's been 5 months and she put on a total of 30 pounds (but honestly, she was underweight, so she needed some of that) she's just now gotten to a good point with her health and her body has finally began to drop some of the weight. She's been cheating a bit too, so I'm sure she would be losing faster if she weren't.
    But, the point is, the body has other things in mind sometimes. Do what you know is the best for your health and the weight loss will happen.