Hey 5'7" females!

Options

Replies

• RWBoston
    RWBoston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is a helpful thread.
    Height: 5'7
    CW: 143-144 lbs (it's fluctuated a lot the past week)
    GW:136

I've been doing the PIIT28 program, though not by-the-book. Every week, I do four PIIT28 workouts and two Pure Barre classes. I also walk to and from work most days, which ends up being about three miles round-trip. I've been trying to eat clean 85% of the time and eliminate as much added sugar as possible.

Sugar has always been my vice. I also tend to stress eat, so I'm making a conscientious effort to avoid baked goods and candy. Also, I try to make one meal each day a salad (the nice hearty kind with lots of lean protein and avocado, etc.). I'm not strictly counting my calories--I end up eating about 1500-1600 calories on days that I exercise, which is most days. I enjoy food a lot, so I'm really just trying to find balance.

I had a bad week last week due to long hours at work and travel for a wedding (in the South). LOTS of alcohol, cake, and comfort food. I was about to deny myself of any of it. The good news is that I've been able to get back on track this week without issue. I'm happy that I've finally arrived at a point where I can enjoy life and food indulgences, but without losing control.

When I finish PIIT28, I'm going to move toward incorporating more weight lifting into my routine. Beginning next week, my new workout regimen will include two days of Pure Barre, two days of weight lifting, and two days of HIIT. And my daily walking, of course. I'll start paying closer attention to my macros. I think I actually need more calories and protein in my diet to lean out.
  • jmcfitnesspal1
    jmcfitnesspal1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have found my people! :)
    Height: 5'8
    CW: 164.5lbs
    GW: 135

I really committed to logging about a week and a half ago, and I find it's the greatest motivator. Reading those labels is such an eye opener, and it definitely has been keeping me from mindless snacking. I'm down about 5lbs already (but I don't expect that rate to continue!)

I think what has caused me to gain weight in the last few years (approx 20lbs) is not being prepared, which, for me, leads to lots of mindless snacking on crackers and cookies....handfuls of chocolate chips. I prepare packed lunches for the rest of the family, but not for myself as I'm often home during the day. Now I'm making a point of stopping whatever I'm doing to make myself a "real" lunch, and my snacking has taken a much healthier turn as a result!

Going camping with the family this weekend, and I'm a little concerned for my willpower. S'mores, hot dogs, chips etc are going to be tempting. I've been averaging about 1200 calories a day, and I think that's about 6 s'mores. :)

I'm also planning to get back into running. Up until a year ago I was running in the early mornings a few times a week, and ran half marathons regularly. My 2 good running buddies both moved out of town within a few months of each other and I haven't been motivated to hit the pavement by myself. It's a bit of a blow to the ego, but I think I have to start at square 1 again. And I know it's going to hurt!
  • SeafBecca
    SeafBecca Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 6 3/4"
    CW: 220.8
    GW: 184

Calories 1700 daily. Weight training 3x weekly. Cardio 3-4 times weekly which consists of intervals using my stepper and jumping jacks. I had my annual physical and all my bloodwork came back normal. The doctor suggested to stick to low glycemic foods as much as possible. He also put me on a fancy scale which spit out a receipt of my life! It says my body fat is 44.4% and I should get it to 33% which would mean losing 37.8 pounds of fat. So that's my goal, along with keeping all my numbers within normal range. I'm doing poorly at logging my food, but I'm being very conscious of what I eat. I will get better at logging.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    CW: 165
    GW: 155

I have been plateaued at this weight for a long time and would like to figure out how to start losing again.
  • katrinaagodwin
    katrinaagodwin Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Age - 30
    Height - 5'7"
    CW: 170
    GW: 145
    Calorie Goal set to 1365 as I have a sedentary job but walk/hike/workout as often as possible after work and on the weekends.

Two years ago I was running at least a mile everyday as well as doing at least a 100 squats and 100 lunges along with other exercise as well. I was so fit and feeling great.... and then I broke my foot. I couldn't do much and ended up prolonging my healing time by trying to do too much too soon. That mixed with depression caused me to gain 35 pounds back :( I managed to loose 10 of them so far and am FINALLY ready to recommit to my health and get myself back on track. I am meal prepping and bagging portions for my fruits which I love. I also have gone back to gluten free as I felt a lot better when doing that before. It also kept me from straying to unhealthy snacks as many of them contained it.

Today is day 2 and I am feeling very strong and determined. My wedding is August 14th and I can't wait to look and feel amazing on my big day :blush:
  • melanieriot
    melanieriot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Great thread and here's my contribution.
    Height: 5'7" 1/2
    CW: 174
    GW: 150
    Calorie Goal set to: 1200 but I may need to bump this up because I'm going to start some fitness dance classes with a friend and though my job is sedentary I'm finding I'm constantly hungry no matter what.

Two years ago I was at my perfect weight. I grew up on the super skinny side-not healthy skinny, but scary sick looking skinny and only started to gain any weight after 23. 26 years old and I was right at 145, then started strength training at the gym with some buddies and gained about ten pounds of lean muscle. I looked amazing! I however was diagnosed with fibromyalgia this past year (after a year of being constantly ill, tired, and aching) and have found ways to manage this so I'm hoping to lose 20 or so pounds to get back to my weight at 26.
  • Rondua
    Rondua Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI everyone

34 years
    5'6"
    CW: 170 lbs
    GW: 145-150 lbs
    Calorie set: 1200

I try not to eat back my exercise calories.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow 5'7"er's!
    I am 52
    CW: 142
    GW: 130-135 - I expect some fluctuation
    Calories set 1540

I don't usually eat my exercise calories, in fact I don't usually eat all my calories. Today I am starting a plan of eating more often and all my calories. I think I have screwed up my metabolism- it's old and needs some TLC. Trying something new and hoping it works.
  • Clarissa_KG
    Clarissa_KG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New in here :)

46 years
    I'm 5.6" (and a half!)
    CW: 127
    GW: 118-120
    Calories set 1200

I am normally on the slim side but if I do not exercise, the weight I do gain appears to stay in the popular problem areas: stomach, hips, thighs! I was over 150lbs for several years in my 30's but learned that soft drinks played a HUGE role in my weight. Right now, I really need to just move and work out because I'm worried that being further into my 40's has slowed things (metabolism) down.
  • waffle92
    waffle92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    CW: 146lbs
    GW - 130-132lbs

I was 130-132lbs 2 years ago and have gained 14lbs, which has al gone to my thighs, bum, hips and stomach.

i want to get back to my previous weight and then maintain, but with better tone so i dont feel skinny fat.

i dance 2 nights a week and want to try to get back into my old habit of circuit/strength workout dvds at home on the nights i dont dance, with maybe one day off a week.

ive fluctuated up and down by 2-3lbs but havent managed to start seeing consistent wieght loss.

water weight is a big issue for me too, i seem to bloat a lot and hold a lot of water sometimes.

i eat mainly healthy, but struggle with sweet treats in between meals and at the office when im tired.

aim is to eat between 1400-1600 calories per day, depending on activity. sometimes that doesnt feel enough though and i get hungry, then binge and start the cycle all over again.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7.5
    CW: 130 lbs
    GW: n/a

I got to my goal in last month or so (down from 138 lbs) by incorporating intermittent fasting (been doing the real food ketogenic diet for almost 3 yrs)--this was the key! My fat adaptation has improved dramatically. I stopped counting calories a couple of years ago because I didn't find it necessary (originally started tracking at about 150 lbs).

I have not been exercising much at all in the last year, just occasionally running and doing some body-weight exercises in my living room. So current my goal is to get stronger. I can do 5 real push-ups, and my goal is 20. I also want to be able to do a full pull up. I've started lifting at the gym a couple of time per week. I can deadlift 100 lbs.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HI
    CW 140
    GW 130
    I AM 5'7 AND 50 Y.O. I AM A DAILY HOT VINYASA YOGI. I KEEP MY CALORIES AT 1340 , A LITTLE EITHER WAY, DEPENDS ON THE DAY. I DO NOT EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES BACK, SEEMS LIKE IT IS DEFEATING THE PURPOSE. IF I TAKE A DAY OFF FROM EXERCISING, WHICH IS RARE, MISSED ONLY 3 DAYS LAST YEAR DUE TO ILLNESS, I AM JUST AS HUNGRY AS WHEN I DO EXERCISE. I GUESS MY METABOLISM IS STILL GOING FAST? I DO NOT LIKE SCALES, NEVER HAVE. PLACE TOO MUCH POWER ON A NUMBER, TRY TO GO BY LOOKS AND HOW MY CLOTHES ARE FITTING. I DO HAVE TO WEIGH OCCASIONALLY TO SEE WHERE I AM. MY PANTS ARE A LITTLE SNUG, SO NO MORE LITTLE THIS AND THAT. ANY HELP IS ALWAYS WELCOME. JENNIFER
  • natnicks319
    natnicks319 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    can any of you ladies help me out on my post?
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 167
    CW: 139
    GW: 135

I've been sticking to 1400-1500 per day and eating back most of my excercise calories. Jillian Michaels videos every morning at 4am was my turning point. I've struggled for the past 3 months to get below 140 but finally hit 139.6 this morning!
  • tams644
    tams644 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Age 34
    Height 5'7
    CW 163
    GW 145

starting back up again i lost 20 lbs few years ago but this last year gained it all back from stress and health issues really looking forward to getting back on track getting down to my gw and maybe lose a little more. feel free to add me would love some motivation
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to "friend" me: I'm 5 ft 7 inches, 142, goal of 128. It would be great to have some motivational buddies!
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'8
    CW: 148
    GW: 143
    age 27

I am vegetarian. I am eating about 1200 a day and a little extra if I work out really hard that day, I am kind of struggling right now but need to kick it into gear. I sit ALL DAY and its hard to force myself to work out every day after work but when I do I feel awesome. I've found myself really craving sweets lately, like my body has had enough of the strict discipline. LOL

• SuzLink
    SuzLink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 210
    CW: 169
    GW: 147
    Calorie set: 1470

I try not to eat back any of my exercise calories but if I am hungry & use some of them, I do not let myself use all of them due to the accuracy of the calculation of calories burned (I use a Polar FT4 HRM which uses HR to calculate cals burnt but im still cautious)

Exercise: Mon, Wed & Fri mornings - 40 min circuit class (sometimes also additional 50 min circuit class on mon nights); Tues & Thurs evenings - 50 mins weight training
    Im starting a new job soon so these will be changing but hopefully the same classes but in the evenings
    Also I try to do at least 30 mins horse riding or take my horse a 30 min walk at least every 2 days; and I wear a fitbit to calculate my steps

Just back from a 2 week all inclusive holiday last night where i put 10lbs back on (was prev 159lbs) but back to circuits class this morning so hopefully between that, no buffets or fizzy juice they will soon come off again :)
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am 5'8", 160 lbs

Diet- around 1200 calories, maintain carbs around 40g/day
    Exercise- BBG (week 1), yoga in the morning, additional weight lifting which varies with my mood.

Have to lose like 20 lbs in max 2 months.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I weighed in at 138lbs this morning. Can't remember what I was when I first joined this thread (yes I could scroll through but feeling lazy this morning). My first goal is 135lbs and eventually 130lbs. So 3lbs away from my first goal but this is when crap usually hits the fan. So I'm going to fight the good fight and get down to 135lbs and then 130lbs. >:)