Low energy during workouts while in ketosis?

Options
autumnblonde1
autumnblonde1 Posts: 10 Member
Anyone else struggle with low energy during ketosis when working out? I can make it through my workouts (strength, zumba, etc) but it takes all I've got to do it. I didn't experience this on my previous low fat diet. I am at a loss. Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Did you just start low carb?

If so, there will be an adjustment period where your body is learning to use a new source of fuel. The adaptation varies for people - but average a few weeks.

If you are getting dizzy, then you are losing sodium and must supplement as soon as possible.

Electrolyte balance is very important when low carb.
  • RealRelicVa
    RealRelicVa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was when I first entered ketosis. Also noticed new aching in strange places. Started taking my Maca and it has actually helped.
  • MelissaHaseley
    MelissaHaseley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone else struggle with low energy during ketosis when working out? I can make it through my workouts (strength, zumba, etc) but it takes all I've got to do it. I didn't experience this on my previous low fat diet. I am at a loss. Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try getting some BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids)
    Ketogains.com recommends Optimum Nutrition Instantized BCAA. It'll help with the lethargy, and it will fuel up your muscles to actively burn fats. Raise your carbs to at least 100g on days where your doing intense aerobic activity, you need it for the process, it won't mess up the ketosis it will boost it to warp 9.
  • autumnblonde1
    autumnblonde1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wanted to report that the low energy passed around the 3 week mark, and now I have more energy than I had before beginning the ketogenic lifestyle. Thanks for the input, everyone. I am coming up on two months keto (Aug 5) and I feel amazing and I've lost noticeable weight.