Last night was an eye opener

Options
TishaSB
TishaSB Posts: 8 Member
On July 4th, I decided to have 2 slices of pizza, 4 fried raviolis, and 1 loaded potato skin with sour cream, instead of the usual grilled meat. I have come to realize that foods that I once loved and craved are not as good anymore and they are not easy on my stomach. I still have a craving for certain things but once I get them and have a bite or two, I notice that the taste that I was once use too and loved is no longer pleasing to my palate. I can say that I was actually disgusted with myself after eating that stuff. I have been doing a great job and my clothes are even getting loose. I really don't want to backtrack and start eating the things that I use to eat before. This journey that I am on is not going to be easy and I know that no one said that it would be easy, but there are those times that I get a craving and I will eat whatever I am craving and regret it and beat myself up about it. I just need to do better.

Replies

• mtg81
    mtg81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did the samething. And it continued yesterday. I feel like crap. Bloated and sluggish. Did great for two weeks and then after one day fell apart and now its hard to get back to low carb. My bodyblikes low carb but pizza and stuff taste so good hahaha. Anyway i know what you mean. Good luck.
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing the same thing. Foods that I used to binge on no longer taste as good as they once did. I think in certain situation I still eat them more because I have an emotional attachment to them then because I want them. However, I am taking it as a good sign that those foods don't taste good anymore. Maybe that can be a source of motivation instead of revulsion.
  • vanpelgar
    vanpelgar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ha ha i've myself have been there and back many times, for some reason my mind just goes blank and I go into uncontrolled robot eating.
    Why do we do this to ourselves??
    Hopefully tracking and with help of hubby, we both can do this journey y o weight loss.